Is my Uni offer correct? Watch

poppy22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, I'm a bit unsure about my offer and I really don't want to ring the university in case it looks like I'm worried about not getting my grade. So any opinions would be great.

I thought if I got an offer from the university, it would be unconditional as I already meet the requirements in the prospectus. But I have to get an A grade in A2 chemistry even though I already have three A grades at A2 in Biology, Physics and Art.

In the prospectus it says "two A2s in science (out of biology, chemistry, physics or maths) at grade A, and another A2 of your choice at grade A."

I am doing chemistry as an extra A level this year anyway, but that was because all the other universities required chemistry.

Do you think there is a chance that the university has got the offer wrong or is it just wishful thinking?
Sarahl89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
probably wishful thinking - ring & ask - why does it matter if they think you're worried about your grades? they can't take the offer away can they!
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wishful thinking
They can specify which grades you need
Biology doesnt help in chemistry so doesn't count. Its still a harsh offer though.
Where is it for? Gimperial?
Prudy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's probably correct but give them a ring anyway to confirm.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I rang two universities worried about not getting my grades - Neither asked for my name, so I couldn't be traced anyway. :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.49%
No - but I will (12)
4.86%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.48%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (119)
48.18%

Watched Threads