Finally got a job but too far Watch

Amiro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ive finally got a job before i start my final year at uni but its 25 miles away, my parents are not being supportive but i think its alright and i dont mind do any other people have jobs far away? Icant find no jobs in my area
k823127
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you get a fair amount of wage from your job after you've taken off travel expenses?
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Make sure you look around for ways to cut costs when travelling if you're using buses/trains
Amiro
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by k823127)
Do you get a fair amount of wage from your job after you've taken off travel expenses?
ive got the car and its 8am-5.30pm so im happy make alot of money and its £6 something an hour so petrol a day should only be £10, i dont think its all that bad just half an hour drive or so there and back
k823127
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Seems fine to me. If you want to do it do it, afterall it is your money, your job.
ChosenOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well i applied to work at Thorpe Park which is like 30 miles from me. Don't think it's that bad, i love driving anyway
noodles!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're happy with it and travel expenses aren't eating your wages, then I see no problem
tokyorose888
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
25 miles!!! dont take it....i cant even travle 5 miles to work let alone 25
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise