Modules Watch

Dom1989
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm getting confused over which are the compulsory modules in order to have a qualifying Law degree. So what are the compulsory modules? I ask this because property is an optional module on the Manchester LLB yet on wikipdia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_e...United_Kingdom it says Property is one of the six.
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
EDIT:

The key elements and general principles of the following areas of legal study:
i. Public Law, including Constitutional Law, Administrative Law and Human Rights;
ii. Law of the European Union;
iii. Criminal Law;
iv. Obligations including Contract, Restitution and Tort;
v. Property Law; and
vi. Equity and the Law of Trusts.

http://www.sra.org.uk/documents/stud...jointstate.pdf

Their property module may be different the qualifying aspect, or indeed Manchester may allow you to not do a qualifying law degree
Dom1989
Rep:
?
argh Manchester do have a compulsory Land Law module, so that is just another name for property Law then? Also is Jurisprudence what you calle Constitutional Law and History?
Alvin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, Land Law is also sometimes known as Property Law. Indeed, it is misleading, as it should have been known atleast as Real Property Law. Dom, if Land Law is already in your list of modules, then probably you can just ignore that 'Property Law'. Since it is optional, it is probably insignificant in relation to the qualifying LLB.
Dom1989
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alvin)
Yes, Land Law is also sometimes known as Property Law. Indeed, it is misleading, as it should have been known atleast as Real Property Law. Dom, if Land Law is already in your list of modules, then probably you can just ignore that 'Property Law'. Since it is optional, it is probably insignificant in relation to the qualifying LLB.
Yeah thanks you've solved my confusion! Just being nosy and found out you got a first, well done! I'm inspired to get one now
Alvin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dom1989)
Yeah thanks you've solved my confusion! Just being nosy and found out you got a first, well done! I'm inspired to get one now
Haha, glad to hear that. Wishing you all the best for all your future undertakings.
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dom1989)
argh Manchester do have a compulsory Land Law module, so that is just another name for property Law then? Also is Jurisprudence what you calle Constitutional Law and History?
No, it isn't. Constitutional Law is Public Law, I'd imagine its covered in your Public Law I module.

From Manchester's website: "If you want to practise as a solicitor or barrister LLB (Hons) Law covers all the core subjects required to qualify for exemptions at the next stage in your training".
So you needn't worry about what subjects to choose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.06%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (578)
47.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed