Badges: 7
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
deleted
WOLLSMOTH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Durham isn't even good anymore. Just go to Northumbria and then do postgrad at somewhere good.
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If it were me I would go to Durham (Then again I would say that as I go there.)

I see no reason for Durham to renege on their commitment so I'd go for it.

Just make sure you have something to do in your gap year.

BTW being 19/20 at uni isn't an issue at all, I love it.
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WOLLSMOTH)
Durham isn't even good anymore. Just go to Northumbria and then do postgrad at somewhere good.
Why do you say that?
acelib82
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its up to you, but just to say don't worry about age, it has nothing to do with anything. I was 23 when I began my course three years ago.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WOLLSMOTH)
That's why not only does it remain a top 10 uni but it's actually gone up one further place from last year (and will be gett

Oh, I feel so dirty using league tables :p: Still, it's the only language you understand, I suppose.

(Original post by Prudy)
Why do you say that?
Because he's a troll and someone who should shut up and stop giving advice to people until he actually wakens from his ignorance/arrogance.

What course is it, OP? Northumbria is well respected, even for an ex poly. It's one of the leading new universities and has high standards (some of its teaching more than matches "top" universities).

However, one thing that I'm not sure about is its student satisfaction scores. They aren't fantastic and I haven't heard great things about its student support. A shame as it is genuinely respected amongst employers who care about that sort of thing, certainly in law and business. It also has some great facilities.

You ask how well Durham will keep to the promise. The answer is, we can't say. They haven't really given you a proper promise, just that they will look more "favourably" on your application. You could quite easily get lost in the system and forgotten about (it almost happened to me once when I re-applied and should have been given an unconditional offer). Even if they did "treat you more favourably" competition is intense and you still may not get an offer.

It's up to you. However, don't worry about how old you'll be when you start your degree. What's another couple of years? It makes no real difference and may allow you to save more money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads