The Student Room Group

What’s the weirdest way you’ve injured yourself?

For me, it’s running to the toilet then slashing my forearm with the door/wall when I tripped. Yeah, I’ve still got the scar after over a year.
Okay so what about everyone else???

Scroll to see replies

Once me and my sister were just talking at the top of the stairs and out of nowhere she just went tumbling down. I was stood at the top watching like an evil villain in a movie ☺️☺️
Original post by OR321
Once me and my sister were just talking at the top of the stairs and out of nowhere she just went tumbling down. I was stood at the top watching like an evil villain in a movie ☺️☺️

Omg I got pushed down stairs once and I also just did the same thing as your sister once
Fell down some stairs during my work experience apparently I fell down them on air because I didn't touch anything whilst I fell, and I didn't slip on anything so bit weird I think.
Another one is that I fell out of the car :redface:
It started off with a horse biting me in the armpit (incredibly painful for anyone wondering :hide: ), my parent took me to AandE to get checked to see if i needed a tetanus jab. On the way home from AandE i was getting out of a car when i got my foot caught in a seatbelt and fell, my knee fell onto a sharp metal runner that the seat was on. Cut out a sizeable chunk of my knee and had to go back to AandE the next day as it was not scabbing at all (seen by the same nurse :getmecoat: )
Reply 5
Walked into a glass door when pissed/smacked off my tits on painkillers and splattered my nose and egged my head. Was hilarious seeing it on CCTV the next day, though, so worth it
Reply 6
Oh I also had an absence seizure once when paying footie in the street and fell over and broke my wrist
last week I cut my eye open while playing foot cricket using a giant bouncy ball with a group of 4 year olds...
Lightly punched one of those PE crash mat things, and my entire left knuckle peeled open down to the bone, total disproportionate result :confused:
Changing a light bulb, the glass literally exploded and shards ended up in my hand. Lots of blood :frown:
Reply 10
Drove a friend who is a wheelchair user to a football match. Got her out of the passenger side and settled in her chair, and went to the driver's side to get my stuff. Set off to walk back round the rear of the car, not realising I was a bit dazzled as it was a very sunny day, and just never saw the big orange traffic cone that had been used to mark our parking slot and tripped over it. Landed on my left hip (where my car keys were in a pocket) and left elbow. Still have the scar on my elbow, where I got a massive graze - through 2 layers of clothing!?! Couldn't bend my arm for weeks because the skin kept opening up if stretched.
sneezed so much I got whiplash
Original post by SlasherHacks13
For me, it’s running to the toilet then slashing my forearm with the door/wall when I tripped. Yeah, I’ve still got the scar after over a year.
Okay so what about everyone else???

That’s a difficult one
Went to a camp out and we forgot to bring a bottle opener, I had a Swiss Army knife with me...

Tried to open a bottle of cider, slipped and cut myself where my thumb connects to my palm. Still got the scar 😅
My sister pushed me and I fell into the corner of a skirting board. My knee needed 5 stitches. She didn't even push me that hard - I was over reacting.
I was drunk and walking up the stairs with a cup of coffee and thought I'd see if I could walk all the way up with my eyes closed, tripped and hurt my ankle, spilled coffee.
Reply 16
i said "i hate you and go **** yourself, i'm going out anyway and you can't stop me" to the wrong person 😂😂😂
I once injured my knee by tripping over my own front doorstep. I think I just caught the heel of my boot against the step & went straight over with my knee at an awkward angle. I felt the joint really crunch and it turned out I had ligament damage. I was on crutches for a while afterwards and I felt really stupid explaining how I'd done it whenever anyone asked.
Another thing that happened fairly recently, I wasn't really injured but it was painful at the time- I caught my nose piercing against my glasses. I normally take my stud out before I go to sleep but I hadn't this time. When I woke up in the morning I forgot the stud was still in my nose & as I put my glasses on it just caught on the frames and pulled against the piercing. It really hurt at the moment I did it and I was relieved to see that there was no blood and I hadn't done any damage. It made me more careful about remembering to take it out at night though.
I death dropped at a wedding and did my back in lmao
1. In the boot camp (I was in the IDF) got a deep burn of a bullet casing on my neck. Still wondering if it was from my own gun or someones else.

2. When I was a kid we were skating and when we were just standing and chatting still wearing the rollers, a friend of mine lost balance and caught my arm while falling scratching me with her nails, my arm looked like I was in the middle of a cat fight for a few days.

Quick Reply

Latest