My gcse results are:
6-5 science
5 maths
5 French
5 English literature
4 English language
4 history
4 religious studies
My a level options are: chemistry, biology and psychology.
Do you think I could do medicine?
Reply 1
Original post by The-judge-16
My gcse results are:
6-5 science
5 maths
5 French
5 English literature
4 English language
4 history
4 religious studies
My a level options are: chemistry, biology and psychology.
Do you think I could do medicine?

For standard undergraduate entry most med schools want at least a 6 in English and Maths so you should look at resitting these. All will want minimum AAA for A levels - are you sure you can achieve this?
Original post by Laycity
For standard undergraduate entry most med schools want at least a 6 in English and Maths so you should look at resitting these. All will want minimum AAA for A levels - are you sure you can achieve this?

Well, I’m going to try my upmost best to achieve this. I suffered from severe depression throughout my GCSEs, and honestly I truly regret letting depression have such an impact upon my grades.
Original post by The-judge-16
Well, I’m going to try my upmost best to achieve this. I suffered from severe depression throughout my GCSEs, and honestly I truly regret letting depression have such an impact upon my grades.

There are also medicine courses which are 6 years long, as they have a foundation year and usually have lower grade requirements. Since you potentially have extenuating circumstances it might be worth looking into this option too, however, keep in mind that you usually have to reach other certain widening access criteria too.
Medicine

Quick Reply

Latest