Getting into a post grad Physician Associate course

Watch
katherine1303
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am currently studying Biomedical science at Sheffield Hallam university and am in my second year. I want to do a post grad physician associate course after my degree, preferably in London. I am not sure what the competition is like to get onto these courses, also if coming from a 'poly' uni will put me at a massive disadvantage compared to other 'uni of' students, even if I perform better.
I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what this process is like and any extra information would be greatly appreciated.
Any info around this topic would be useful.
Many thanks
cheerupgrrl5:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi! I'm at uni doing Biomed in London and one of my future options are Physician Associate. As you probs knw, it's fairly nee to the UK so I dont think it's too competitive. Each course is different as some are pgdip and some are msc but you shud end up at as a physician associate. As far as I knw, more require 2.1 minimum ( some 2.2. with experience usually) and at the end you have to do a test before becoming a physician associate.

You have every chance to apply within London if you meet the requirements, I know someone who is doing the course atm and I've looked at a couple of people's youtube videos where they have described their experience. It is an intense course so you know what you are getting into.

You are most likely required at uni all the time and shud be on top of it...since it's usually a 2 year full time course and longer if part time. But, if you dont really like the lab route and like patients, this would be great for you! People do say that you might have to do the doctor's dirty work like paperwork etc but that is with any job when you are following someone. There are still great benefits that another career wouldn't provide you with as this degree would.
cheerupgrrl5:)
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi! I'm at uni doing Biomed in London and one of my future options are Physician Associate. As you probs knw, it's fairly nee to the UK so I dont think it's too competitive. Each course is different as some are pgdip and some are msc but you shud end up at as a physician associate. As far as I knw, more require 2.1 minimum ( some 2.2. with experience usually) and at the end you have to do a test before becoming a physician associate.

You have every chance to apply within London if you meet the requirements, I know someone who is doing the course atm and I've looked at a couple of people's youtube videos where they have described their experience. It is an intense course so you know what you are getting into.

You are most likely required at uni all the time and shud be on top of it...since it's usually a 2 year full time course and longer if part time. But, if you dont really like the lab route and like patients, this would be great for you! People do say that you might have to do the doctor's dirty work like paperwork etc but that is with any job when you are following someone. There are still great benefits that another career wouldn't provide you with as this degree would.

(Original post by katherine1303)
I am currently studying Biomedical science at Sheffield Hallam university and am in my second year. I want to do a post grad physician associate course after my degree, preferably in London. I am not sure what the competition is like to get onto these courses, also if coming from a 'poly' uni will put me at a massive disadvantage compared to other 'uni of' students, even if I perform better.
I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what this process is like and any extra information would be greatly appreciated.
Any info around this topic would be useful.
Many thanks
I suggest you look through youtube which really helped me to understand this course and how to apply. I think you would apply normally or it will state how to apply on the uni website.

I am in my final year and I'm still unsure of what I want to do but I have looked thoroughly through this course. In my opinion, I don't see how it can be more competitive for you because you did your degree at a 'poly' uni out of London...in fact I'm not at the best uni but I know lots of people who got the grades and met the requirements and got into the course so I think you have all the chance to get into a London uni!

It's not exactly medicine lol and as I said,its fairly new to the UK and there are so many benefits of training people to be physician associates within GPs and hospitals!

I hope I didn't waffle too much and hope this was off help😊. Let me know if you want links of courses or youtube videos or any other questions!
Last edited by cheerupgrrl5:); 5 months ago
PR24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hello all! Ima vit late to this thread by Im a PA student - if anyone has any qs lmk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
59.46%
No (30)
40.54%

Watched Threads