University of Leicester 2020 Applicant Thread Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi! I couldn't find a thread on here for 2020 applicants, so I thought I'd make one
Puddles the Monkey
Let's all introduce ourselves! (If you feel uncomfortable answering certain questions just leave them blank)

Name:
Current qualifications taking (A-Levels, BTEC, etc)/predicted grades:
Course(s) applying for:
Accommodation (if applicable):
Why Leicester?:
Student1202
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
From Suffolk, hoping to study Medical Physiology
Currently studying Biology, Chemisty and Psychology (predicted A*AA)
loved the feel of the campus and the ares
Last edited by Student1202; 2 months ago
widesinder
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have an unconditional offer for psychology and am considering making Leicester my firm, I came to the open day yesterday and absolutely loved it
Student1202
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by widesinder)
I have an unconditional offer for psychology and am considering making Leicester my firm, I came to the open day yesterday and absolutely loved it
I have an unconditional offer for Medical Physiology and also went to the open day yesterday an completely torn for where to go, do you reckon they will allow you to have an unconditional offer as an insurance?
widesinder
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Student1202)
I have an unconditional offer for Medical Physiology and also went to the open day yesterday an completely torn for where to go, do you reckon they will allow you to have an unconditional offer as an insurance?
You should be able to do that, yes! I think the only rule is if you put an unconditional offer as your firm you can’t do an insurance choice, but putting one as your insurance when your firm is conditional should be fine? But maybe just ask UCAS to check
Student1202
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by widesinder)
You should be able to do that, yes! I think the only rule is if you put an unconditional offer as your firm you can’t do an insurance choice, but putting one as your insurance when your firm is conditional should be fine? But maybe just ask UCAS to check
That's what I was hoping as I know some unis only say its unconditional if you have it as a firm but leicester doesnt say that you can or cant so 🤞
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Any for law?
kasacolx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any for law?
Have u got one for law yet?
K.undai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a conditional being ABB for aerospace engineering. Anyone else?
WendyChauke
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't had an offer yet but I do have an Interview for Pharmacy. Is anyone else in the same boat????
FranH14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm from Northamptonshire and I have an unconditional offer for Film and English. I'm likely going to make Leciester my insurance.
pratapji
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by K.undai)
I have a conditional being ABB for aerospace engineering. Anyone else?
yes. i have abb conditional for aero. what other unis did you apply for since theres better unis than Leicester for aero. nonetheless still good. i applied to loughborough,bristol,liverpool and nottingham. what were your predicted grades and what unis did you apply to?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
from Leicester
Chem, Bio, Socio
Applying to do Marketing
It's home, liked the course 🤷🏽*♀️
Jasmine229
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any for law?
I got a conditional for law LLB
K.undai
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pratapji)
yes. i have abb conditional for aero. what other unis did you apply for since theres better unis than Leicester for aero. nonetheless still good. i applied to loughborough,bristol,liverpool and nottingham. what were your predicted grades and what unis did you apply to?
I have applied to Nottingham, Loughborough Leicester Coventry and Kingston with unconditional if firm from all but Nottingham who are conditional and Loughborough who haven’t responded yet. My predicted grades are AAB but I’m struggling to get an A in maths. Did you get an offer from Notts
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I have applied to Nottingham, Loughborough Leicester Coventry and Kingston with unconditional if firm from all but Nottingham who are conditional and Loughborough who haven’t responded yet. My predicted grades are AAB but I’m struggling to get an A in maths. Did you get an offer from Notts
Did GCSE grades matter??? and what course did u apply to do???
Jasmine229
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jasmine229)
I got a conditional for law LLB
Same
pratapji
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nothing from notts or loughborough yet. got offer from liverpool and Leicester.
Jasmine229
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any for law?
Here
K.undai
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did GCSE grades matter??? and what course did u apply to do???
Aerospace engineering, I think GCSEs matter for international years or years in industry, but as long as they meet the requirements for each course I don’t think it matters
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.98%
They've been reasonable (77)
40.96%
Not feeling great... (49)
26.06%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25%

Watched Threads