2020 MEng Aerospace Engineering - Bristol On Hold

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I thought it would be useful to create a thread for those who have applied to Bristol for aerospace engineering and have been placed on hold. 😌
That 36 Boy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry could you kindly explain what does this 'placed on hold' mean cause I've seen it several times but don't know what it means.
I applied on the 15th of October and haven’t heard anything back.
Qwerty123212
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Put on hold too. Idk if I wasn't good enough or if they put all the engineering applicants on hold?
Duncp2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im on hold for this too, have they done it to everyone applying to aerospace
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Qwerty123212)
Put on hold too. Idk if I wasn't good enough or if they put all the engineering applicants on hold?
(Original post by Duncp2002)
Im on hold for this too, have they done it to everyone applying to aerospace
They have to give everyone who applies before the January deadline equal consideration. If they give offers to everyone who seems good, they would run out of places towards the end of the application period and therefore would be breaching the rules. So if an application doesn't immediately stand out as being worthy of an offer right away, they put it on hold until more applications come in. So it's not just for engineering, although it wouldn't surprise me if their engineering courses were more competitive than other courses at Bristol.
This doesn't necessarily mean your application is below average or that a rejection is incoming, just that they have to be economical with how many offers they give. Especially since a lot of people are likely to make Bristol their firm or insurance. But it probably means you won't hear back for a while.
samsz3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They've out my application on hold, but some people on TSR have received offers as well I think. I'm quite worried.
zootzoot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I thought it would be useful to create a thread for those who have applied to Bristol for aerospace engineering and have been placed on hold. 😌
If you don't mind saying, but what were your predicted A-Level grades, as this could be why (Following on from what Sinnoh has said).
I'm guessing if your predicted grades were just at the grades required/ slightly below, this could be why you were put on hold.
threethreethree
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samsz3)
They've out my application on hold, but some people on TSR have received offers as well I think. I'm quite worried.
any update on your application?

also how long after you applied did they put your application on hold?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
do people here have offers yet or not, i'm still waiting
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I'm still waiting on a response
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm still waiting on a response
I still on hold with Bristol, how about you?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I still on hold with Bristol, how about you?
Same here, I know 3 other people also on hold with Bristol for the same course
Z_Man
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here, I know 3 other people also on hold with Bristol for the same course
Same here. On hold still...
username4382098
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm on hold for this course, wonder what they are doing 🤔
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
All the people I know who have offers for this took 4 A-levels, so I think they accepted them first then will go though people with 3 all at once. Hopefully soon because I've been waiting since the start of October
Seagull12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m still waiting too. Applied mid November.
Agzamkrut
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've got a contextual offer on 21st Jan for AAB. International student, studying in Manchester. Don't know what to choose for aerospace, Leeds, Macnhester or Bristol:confused:
Realiti
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
my application was put on hold too. I applied to study social policy and politics ):
Anonymous #4
Report 11 months ago
I am still waiting for a decision from Bristol for Aerospace.. but I do know someone who had already received an offer for Aerospace Engineering from Bristol in December (the person was predicted A*A*A*).
Anonymous #5
Report 11 months ago
Anyone heard back yet, still on hold since October. :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.72%
I don't have everything I need (240)
44.28%

Watched Threads