The Student Room Group

We the people demand that Doonesbury return forthwith.

Sod the Brexit fiasco, this is where the problem really is. Add your name if you can't bear to see the finest contributor this forum has had, @Doones, leave for good. Show him some love, people.

Scroll to see replies

Not posted since the end of July, so either he's off the grid, or has abandoned us to our fate. :sad:
Yes!
didn’t he say he’s leaving?
Reply 4
Original post by IH8Studying

Did he?

Not as far as I know.
yes come back Dongsbury

:emo:
Original post by gjd800
Did he?

Original post by Oxford Mum
Not as far as I know.

Wouldn't be his style anyway, would it? An overdramatic 'I'm leaving bid me godspeed' type of post.
Original post by gjd800
Did he?

Not as far as I know.

I think i’m mistaking him with some other mod who announced he was leaving and then deleted his account? idk he did gardening or something ?
I think i’m mistaking him with some other mod who announced he was leaving and then deleted his account? idk he did gardening or something ?

That was Captain Jack. He was CT, not ST and we were pleased to see the back of him! Doones is quite different.
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
That was Captain Jack. He was CT, not ST and we were pleased to see the back of him! Doones is quite different.

I didn't know he had left, either :laugh:

All these job/postdoc/research fellowship apps have got my head further up my backside than I had assumed!

Ohhh. My bad soz
Pretty certain he is just on a break :smile: hopefully he will be back soon
Sod the Brexit fiasco, this is where the problem really is. Add your name if you can't bear to see the finest contributor this forum has had, @Doones, leave for good. Show him some love, people.

@Reality Check I am really proud of you for starting this thread.

Just as I am very pleased at your return, I am sad to find out about Doones' departure as well. But if he's gone, he's gone for good. Doubt if he will even be on TSR reading this thread (probably has something better to do).

Are we having a poll or something? Will that make any difference? I now have to ask myself..

Who will start the Cambridge official applicants thread?
Who will keep order among the unruly trolls?
Who will give us those famous one line put downs?
Who will send us spreadsheets and statistics about Oxbridge?
Who will give us geeky Oxbridge facts?

Answer: no one

I share your pain, Reality, I share your pain :getmecoat:
@Reality Check I am really proud of you for starting this thread.

Just as I am very pleased at your return, I am sad to find out about Doones' departure as well. But if he's gone, he's gone for good. Doubt if he will even be on TSR reading this thread (probably has something better to do).

Are we having a poll or something? Will that make any difference? I now have to ask myself..

I share your pain, Reality, I share your pain :getmecoat:

Exactly. I've got my own ideas as to why he might have had enough of it, but still... It would be great if he gave it (or maybe them) a second chance.
Reply 15
Wouldn't be his style anyway, would it? An overdramatic 'I'm leaving bid me godspeed' type of post.

haha, you are quite right
His account is still set up as an SL account so it might be that he’s just on a break I guess. If he’d left the CT would have changed his permissions to a normal account.

Recognise reality OM. It's you.
Reply 18

I don't know @Doones but he sounds cool, and quite popular from what people here are saying so I think he should stay.
Original post by moonkatt
His account is still set up as an SL account so it might be that he’s just on a break I guess. If he’d left the CT would have changed his permissions to a normal account.

Ooh, that's encouraging mookatt (and hello!). That's a brilliant observation.

Quick Reply

Latest