The Student Room Group

In Year 13, want to drop an A level and do another 1 fast track online.

In Year 13 right now, I study Maths, Further Maths and Business Studies A levels, but don't want to study a Maths degree anymore. So I can only consider Business or Economics degrees for uni next year.
But at the same time, I'm not sure as what to write in my personal statement to show I would be wanting to study Business or Economics at uni.
Right now, I'm not enjoying studying Further Maths, especially Further Mechanics and to be honest I don't really see myself doing good in that subject.Already covered A level Maths
Should I drop Further Maths and try to fast track an easier online A level course that I more interested in e.g. Philosophy or Sociology/ or keep at what I'm doing currently with these 3 A levels?
Original post by Parsa_25_
In Year 13 right now, I study Maths, Further Maths and Business Studies A levels, but don't want to study a Maths degree anymore. So I can only consider Business or Economics degrees for uni next year.
But at the same time, I'm not sure as what to write in my personal statement to show I would be wanting to study Business or Economics at uni.
Right now, I'm not enjoying studying Further Maths, especially Further Mechanics and to be honest I don't really see myself doing good in that subject.Already covered A level Maths
Should I drop Further Maths and try to fast track an easier online A level course that I more interested in e.g. Philosophy or Sociology/ or keep at what I'm doing currently with these 3 A levels?

Grades get you into good unis.

If you are at school they may not let you drop an A level.

Fast tracking isnt for everyone and it helps if you are bright, smart and hard working.
You are now 2 months in, so you would have 7 months, which if you were going to do it then I would have said start at the time you get predicteds, so at least 4 months prior. Talk to school but they may say too late. Can be done but takes a lot of work. Am feeling its very late.

In that case it might be you decide to crash FM and focus on the 2. It might then be possible to fast track after. Alternatively if you can get your FM t a decent grade like C, then you could still get into a decent uni.

You can see the course options here.

Which course?
https://sacu-student.com/?page_id=5203
https://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer

Quick Reply

Latest