Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In theory if you transferred into the second year to Liverpool. How would you sort out housing. I currently commute from home and go to Bristol uni. And want that independence. So would like ask for spare rooms on student room or go into dorms? Just bugging me abit any help will be appreciated.
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(This is going to be very much based on the assumption that you are looking to transfer to Liverpool specifically)

The student accommodation offered by Liverpool is for first years only, so you'd have 2 options - either look at private accommodation such as Student Roost (which was offered as university approved for the first time this year) which are similar styles to university accommodation, or look for a houseshare. I'd personally go for a houseshare as it's so much cheaper! Smithdown and Kensington are the two main areas in which second and third years usually live. Liverpool Student Homes is a good place to start looking as it's the official site for all the Liverpool unis and only includes accredited landlords, so you're less likely to be ripped off. It also has message boards with people posting asking for spare rooms or advertising for a flatmate, so it gives you a chance of being able to choose your housemates.
More generally, spareroom.com is pretty decent for finding accommodation. I found my second and third year house at Liv on the LSH website and my Masters house in Newcastle on spareroom
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Which uni are you considering joining in liverpool?

It'll be nice to meet new people
Anonymous #1
Thanks so much for your help! And it’ll be at John Moore university!
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks so much for your help! And it’ll be at John Moore university!
Check out Agnes Jones if you want student accommodation, think that has a lot of JMU students my friend lived there in first and third year and it's comparatively pretty cheap
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try https://www.liverpoolstudenthomes.org/Accommodation (it's the website that is recommended by the universities).
Sarahp132
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marybone 1 flats are for all years and are pretty cheap. It's good, but you get what you pay for, so there's a lot of partying noise. If you're willing to pay a bit more for en suite then there's Atlantic point. I don't have any experience of that so it's best to look for reviews.
Anonymous #1
Thanks very much! I’ll probably do a post soon ish enquiring about where any second years students are whether that will be dorm like accommodations or housing!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (657)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (831)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed