Anyone else's LEA being *really* slow? Watch

suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I got my forms in for non income assessed in mid-March; it's now July!

Anyone else still waiting? "Awaiting Assessment" and I'm assured they're just very busy.

Kingston for me.
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Mine has been extreamly slow, they made a mistake on my application like a month ago they thought I was non-income assesed but I chnage it to income assesd it hasnt even chnaged online yet.
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine have been so quick, I got my whole loan sorted out in like two weeks. go Ealing!
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its the SLCs fault (as with just about everything) really. They gave the LEAs access to the system used to process applications over a month later than normal.
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
slow? I got my final paperwork for last year a couple of months ago (only 7 months after I started the year). Student finance is a joke and I no longer depend on it because of the hassle. My brother had graduated and been working for 8 months before he got his paperwork back.
Lupie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)

Anyone else still waiting? "Awaiting Assessment" and I'm assured they're just very busy.

Kingston for me.
We've had so many problems with ours we're practically on first name terms with Kingston :rolleyes:
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Lupie)
We've had so many problems with ours we're practically on first name terms with Kingston :rolleyes:
Eep! Here's hoping the NHS Bursary folks are a lot speedier - it's that I need sorted most of all!
x_emme_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)
Eep! Here's hoping the NHS Bursary folks are a lot speedier - it's that I need sorted most of all!
Nope, I have an NHS Bursary for one course but not the other. Wrote a letter with I attached to the form stating this, instead they ignored it and got a letter saying that you can't get anything! Rang them. Said it was my fault for writing my firm choice in the box where it said write you firm choice, but as my firm choice doesn't need funding it was no good. It was basically blamed on me, i asked a few teachers at my sixth form about it before i sent it and they said right a letter and it's Derby Education authority that messed it up. I told the person on the phone it should be clearer! Arghh!!! Just have to wait 'til results day to see whether i need to scream at them again!
beccaarr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I applied when it first opened, and I'm still waiting. My mums had to prove she was out of work for a year. They're taking forver.
Friendly_cow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been waiting ages..still saying my national insurance number is incorrect when it's fine. Last year they took about 4 months to realise I had applied online
joeydeacon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)

Kingston for me.

mine was slow until i rang them and made it clear that i wasn't the least bit amused. forms then came within the following couple of days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise