The Student Room Group

How do I message a guy I’ve never spoken to in person?

This guy looks really nice and I want to get to know him but I don’t know how?
Original post by Anonymous
This guy looks really nice and I want to get to know him but I don’t know how?

Just message him on whatever social media app you have him on.
Reply 2
Same way you do here.
Same here, it is difficult
Reply 4
Most guys will value being approached in whatever way you do it. Just a "hey was thinking about you/wondering how you're doing so just thought I'd message, are you free [insert specific time] to go for coffee/meet for a drink/hangout at X together" would be enough to gain most regular guys attention. Don't overthink it/overdo it. Good luck.
Reply 5
I don't really like it when a girl I don't know starts messaging me. It's happened before and it doesn't make me feel attracted to them. I'd suggest trying to talk to them in person first then messaging
If you share any of the same classes, or know you have similar interests as him, you could try messaging him on social media about that? It’s a good conversation starter and could lead to other things if you try. I know it can be nerve racking to dive straight in and talk to them in person, so maybe talking about common interests through social media might break the ice a bit first?
Original post by DR.DOOM
I don't really like it when a girl I don't know starts messaging me. It's happened before and it doesn't make me feel attracted to them. I'd suggest trying to talk to them in person first then messaging

That's true, it's good to have this view over here
Talk to they guy in person and you’ll actually see his real personality and you won’t come off creepy
Reply 9
Well I sent him a message and he read it instantly and never responded so... that’s cool.
Well I sent him a message and he read it instantly and never responded so... that’s cool.

Awww don't worry, same here. I know it sucks but you will find a better person

that's because you need to know them in person first before you move. It doesn't work if you don't know them first. Sometimes it may work because both people may be attracted but in most cases it doesn't work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending