The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
don't tell me you actually agree with the article? i feel really sorry for young muslims. drilling all that stuff into their heads is abuse.

If that’s what you think keep it to yourself. I’ve seen too many of these arguments, they’re so pointless
Original post by Ciel.
what a disgusting article. brainwashing at its finest. "we are at the peak of openness, shamelessness and secularism." oh god we are all so shameless for wanting to have fun in life.

Clearly, our definition of fun is not same. Our norms and standards are different, too. Please respect others' opinions and choices. Someone following a different ideology than yous doesn't mean they are brainwashed into it. Everyone can think for themselves and make their own decisions.
✌️
Original post by Ciel.
don't tell me you actually agree with the article? i feel really sorry for young muslims. drilling all that stuff into their heads is abuse.

Ciel: YoU sHoUld do WhAt yOu WanT.

Muslim: *reads about Islam*

Ciel: I CrY. This iS AbUse. LivE YoUr LifE tHe wAY YoU WaNt.

Clearly, you don't even stand by your own views.
In our lives we’ll all come across crushes and trust me I’ve had MANYYY. Like u do not even k! And two of them Yh I still think bout them and I had such a crush on them but I too am Muslim and don’t like this dating concept, only marriage just like Islam tells us (don’t think I’m phrased that bit of u get wat I mean then Yh)
So I would just keep to myself
It was supeeeer hard
Like if they would talk to me now and then Yh I would do like a flirty thing (lol if u get wat I mean)

It was hard
But my Quran teacher told me
Everyone will like someone and have crushes but if you make the extra move and u go forward upon that and start dating him or something then it’s not permissible at all or Haram ( dk which one she said but it’s still not even allowed)

Dk if I helped u in any way but 😂
This is me

I’m 16 now and in a new college and lol so far I have no crushes 😂 my friends r so confused as to y not coz they k all my crushes abs k I have sooooo many 😂😂😂😂
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous__02
If that’s what you think keep it to yourself. I’ve seen too many of these arguments, they’re so pointless

no, i won't. this is a public forum, sorry hun.
Original post by zahrah446
Clearly, our definition of fun is not same. Our norms and standards are different, too. Please respect others' opinions and choices. Someone following a different ideology than yous doesn't mean they are brainwashed into it. Everyone can think for themselves and make their own decisions.
✌️

but it is. i see so many threads from young muslims, worried about things like sex or dating. they want to do all those things, too, but often they're just too afraid to. because they're brainwashed and believe in hell. it's sad.
Original post by -Quava-
Ciel: YoU sHoUld do WhAt yOu WanT.

Muslim: *reads about Islam*

Ciel: I CrY. This iS AbUse. LivE YoUr LifE tHe wAY YoU WaNt.

Clearly, you don't even stand by your own views.

aww. but no. see above. they clearly can't do what they want, because their religious parents raised them to suppress they wants.
Original post by -Quava-
PRSOM :biggrin:

Only you could come out with something like that. :rofl:

Me: Grabs the Sanitizer :biggrin:
Original post by -Quava-
Ameen.

Thank you for sharing. :h:

You are welcome. 🤗
You probably know I’m going to say this but you’re 14 and don’t know what love is. I’m 18 and even I don’t know what love is yet, I’ve had plenty of crushes on guys I find attractive but I never “loved” everything about them just their appearance. As a teenager your hormones fluctuate (as you said). It’s normal to be attracted to people.

The Quran was written centuries ago so it isn’t greatly applicable today. Just do what makes you happy. You don’t have to be in an intimate relationship, you can be friends then later on tell your families you like each other when you’re over 18. If you aren’t really religious then just go out with the guy as long as he’s okay with it religiously.

It is illegal to have sexual intercourse under the age of 16 so don’t do anything against the law. Just take every opportunity because when you grow up you might be like “he was the one that got away”. I don’t know what else to advise
Reply 48
Original post by -Quava-
Yes, we can't do what we desire to do and tHAt's The PoInT.

LOOOOOL. So you saw some threads about worried Muslims and applied it to us all. LMAOFJDRSBUBGSRDJTJ.

Do you hear anyone here complaining about how they were born in to a Muslim family? No you don't.
We all feel blessed and lucky.

calm down, darling. it's not healthy to get so riled up over fictional stuff.
i did not 'apply it to all of you'. it's common sense. religion = cancer of this planet. i'm sure that all disowned muslim gay kids and muslim girls beheaded for adultry, aka rape, feel blessed and lucky.
Original post by Ciel.
calm down, darling. it's not healthy to get so riled up over fictional stuff.
i did not 'apply it to all of you'. it's common sense. religion = cancer of this planet. i'm sure that all disowned muslim gay kids and muslim girls beheaded for adultry, aka rape, feel blessed and lucky.

Getting petty now are we.
Sorry love, even I can't stoop that low where I use cancer as insults.
That kind of bitterness just isn't classy at all.
Original post by Petrol_Head-94
Me: Grabs the Sanitizer :biggrin:

PRSOM. :lol:
Reply 51
Original post by -Quava-
Getting petty now are we.
Sorry love, even I can't stoop that low where I use cancer as insults.
That kind of bitterness just isn't classy at all.

it's a simple statement, not an insult. you can't insult something that has no conscience.
Original post by Ciel.
it's a simple statement, not an insult. you can't insult something that has no conscience.

Such low morals that even you can't recognize how gross and insensitive that comment was.
I've seen the type of suffering and distress cancer patients go through, especially for those who know they aren't going to live.
If you can't be mature, don't argue.
Hi,
As an 18 year old who has been through exactly the same situation you are currently facing, I would strongly advise against it. You are only young so this boy won’t be wanting to settle down at a young age, but if he is serious as you are serious, then become friends and I absolute recommend getting PARENTAL Involvement.
I used to date someone when I was 15, I wish I had told my parents, as every-time we went out I would lie etc - resulting in greater sin. My parents have now said if there is a boy that is serious with me, then you can start of as friends and then parents can arrange a nikkah!
Please don’t get involved unless he’s the one!!!!!
Reply 54
Original post by -Quava-
Such low morals that even you can't recognize how gross and insensitive that comment was.
I've seen the type of suffering and distress cancer patients go through, especially for those who know they aren't going to live.

i know you are trying to deflect from the issue, but it's not working. your 'brothers' and 'sisters' are being brainwashed, and as a result, often live boring and unfulfilling lives. while their friends get to experience the fun of dating, love and sex.
Reply 55
Original post by -Quava-
Not deflecting, only making you aware. You won't see that way because you're closed minded.

And like I said earlier, that is the whole point so quit making yourself looking like a clown.
And you do know you can love your spouse, have sex with them and go on dates? So, we're not missing out.
At this point you're not even a clown, basically carrying a whole circus.
“The World is the Prison for the Believer and Heaven for the Kafir” [Muslim 5256]

'gays are evil and go to hell if they dare to bang' 'sex outside marriage is evil, and you guessed it = hell' 'atheists and people of other religions are evil and go to hell' 'women are basically equal to dogs in my religion'. but i'm close minded, lmao. not to mention you are the one who believes in in flying horses.
your 'spouse' exactly. 1 person. you don't get to experiment at all.
Original post by -Quava-

and yet you believe the non muslim cancer patients are going to hell straight after they die. so they suffer in this one and the next, classy one u are
Original post by Anonymous
and yet you believe the non muslim cancer patients are going to hell straight after they die. so they suffer in this one and the next, classy one u are

That's a lie. Muslims don't know who's going to Jannah or Jahannum.

Original post by Ciel.
'gays are evil and go to hell if they dare to bang' 'sex outside marriage is evil, and you guessed it = hell' 'atheists and people of other religions are evil and go to hell' 'women are basically equal to dogs in my religion'. but i'm close minded, lmao. not to mention you are the one who believes in in flying horses.
your 'spouse' exactly. 1 person. you don't get to experiment at all.

All that bitterness lmao.
Reply 58
Original post by -Quava-
That's a lie. Muslims don't know who's going to Jannah or Jahannum.

All that bitterness lmao.

are you projecting? i'm not part of that mental prison. i'm an atheist, i can do whatever i wish without worrying about 'hell'
Original post by Ciel.
i'm an atheist, i can do whatever i wish without worrying about 'hell'

Enjoy your short life while it lasts.

Latest

Trending

Trending