what is neutral neg Watch

Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
just wondered normally you have red for neg, green for pos, i got some rep that was sort of a really dark red almost black and when i scrolled over it it said neutralneg.
no comment or anything just curious?
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
means it has no value.
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If they don't have rep themselves, they can give rep but it won't be worth anything. Check the help if you want.
AngryJellyfish
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Neutral neg is when someone with no rep power negs you. In other words, they disapproved of your post, but it won't affect your rep points in any way.
Rep:
?
o cool
just wondered why anyone would go to the trouble of saying they have no strong views eitherway about a post.
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
o cool
just wondered why anyone would go to the trouble of saying they have no strong views eitherway about a post.
Well by negging you they obviously disagreed with what you were saying or something. It's only neutral in value, not neutral in reason.
Rep:
?
(Original post by randomgirl)
Well by negging you they obviously disagreed with what you were saying or something. It's only neutral in value, not neutral in reason.
well now i know, i didnt before hence my previous statement.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
o cool
No no, neutralneg is just as much disagreement with your post as neg rep is, that person just isn't experienced enough on TSR / doesn't have enough posts / doesn't have enough rep for their rep power to affect the number of points you have. You can get neutralpos too. All it means is the user doesn't have any rep power; they still click the same "I approve" / "I disapprove" buttons.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's the reputation equivalent of flicking someone with a papertowel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Segat1)
It's the reputation equivalent of flicking someone with a papertowel.
omg how dare they.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed