Stephanie220
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’m looking for resources advice, or anyone that still has resources they’re willing to send me. Anyone help a girl out 🤷🏽*♀️. It would be much appreciated <3
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there.

I did Exexcel iGCSE triple science.
My best resources were textbooks and past papers. My advice would be you need two key revision strategies: content revision and application revision.

For content revision, textbooks, YouTube videos, revision guides and class notes all work. You don’t need to use all of these, as long as you have a method that works for you.

For application revision, past papers are the way to go. Even if new spec resources are limited, textbook questions, revision guide questions, old spec past papers and similar exam boards’ past papers are great places to start. You could also ask your teacher for more resources, or if they could come up with some practice questions for you or key bits of exam technique. Good luck!
Stephanie220
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Mona123456)
Hi there.

I did Exexcel iGCSE triple science.
My best resources were textbooks and past papers. My advice would be you need two key revision strategies: content revision and application revision.

For content revision, textbooks, YouTube videos, revision guides and class notes all work. You don’t need to use all of these, as long as you have a method that works for you.

For application revision, past papers are the way to go. Even if new spec resources are limited, textbook questions, revision guide questions, old spec past papers and similar exam boards’ past papers are great places to start. You could also ask your teacher for more resources, or if they could come up with some practice questions for you or key bits of exam technique. Good luck!
This advice is amazing thank you!!
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn’t use the textbooks in fact I used the cgp Edexcel revision guides and boy were they if huge help!!!! Just use these rev guides and then practice on past papers, ask things you don’t know and you’ll get 9s and 8s like me. What I don’t like about textbooks is that it’s really thick and has a bit of waffling in it. Textbooks are good for alevels but not rly needed for GCSEs. Good luck!
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Stephanie220)
This advice is amazing thank you!!
You’re welcome—glad I could help, and best of luck with your exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.39%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.42%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.39%
No - I live at home during term anyway (140)
29.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed