British Grand Prix Thread - Woo Watch

PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Silverstone this weekend, I'm surprised we don't have a thread by now.

FP1 - 10am
FP2 - 2pm

Saturday Practice - 10am
Quali - 1pm (Coverage starts at 12pm)

Race -1pm (Coverage starts at 12pm)

The ITV coverage is going to be unbearable this weekend that's for sure, I might put it on mute. Looks like there's about 20 mins extra for after the race (finishing at 3:20 not 3pm).

Press conference is set to be the 3 British Drivers: David, Jenson and Lewis.

The media making this out to be Hamilton's race, it being his home race, but this circuit is a typical Ferrari one. McLaren won here last in 2005, Ferrari won it last year and have won 4 out of the last 6 races so I'd wouldn't bet on it being a straightfoward win for anyone. Last years winner was Kimi with Lewis on pole.

Kimi is going to change his engine by the looks of it, but will escape penalty because of the new rules.

Hopefully it's going to be good.

Just a reminder as well, the BMW Pit Lane Park is in Manchester this weekend for anyone around. Linky
2^1/2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)

The ITV coverage is going to be unbearable this weekend
oh well i'm going to be there so won't have to put up with it!

Shall be good
jack1123
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2^1/2)

Shall be good
I went last year on fri sat and sun, was a brilliant weekend, you should have a great time!

I quite like ITV coverage, what everyone got against it?lol
It wont be as bad as the BBC coverage next year
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im going to be going to ! I hope its a nice weather, you get a good tan during the course of the weekend there if its sunny
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2^1/2)

Shall be good
Argh you lucky thing. I had the chance to go this year as a birthday present, but said no as I was supposed to be in America this summer!

(Original post by Jack1123)
I quite like ITV coverage, what everyone got against it?lol
It wont be as bad as the BBC coverage next year
Ha, have you SEEN the coverage? It's just Allen (and Ryder too) orgasming over Lewis for the whole time it's on. The silly interviews with his dad, every single race event they turn down to how it will affect Lewis Hamilton... never mind the other 19 drivers on track. Not to mention the continual factual errors they make :p:
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
Im going to be going to ! I hope its a nice weather, you get a good tan during the course of the weekend there if its sunny
I think it's meant to rain :p:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=35252
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahh thats sucks, all the other years ive been have been scorching hot :/
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm crossing my fingers for rain, it will hopefully mix things up a bit. And yes, as things stand it looks like the Ferraris are ahead.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I forgot about the race ive been too excited about the BMW pit lane the day after tomorrow,

Need to find my memory card for my camara though!!
jack1123
Report 10 years ago
atleast if it rains button might have a chance of a decent result
i think the crash and thus grid place drop could have really damaged lewis' chances of the championships this year =[[
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think the fact the 1 of the ferrari drivers is well better the lewis, and the other one is at least on par with him, especially with his pace of late, and the fact the Ferraris are so quick. Thats damaged lewis's hopes.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by jack1123)
atleast if it rains button might have a chance of a decent result
i think the crash and thus grid place drop could have really damaged lewis' chances of the championships this year =[[
Yes, he's gone two races in a row without points, Kimi did that too and so did Massa, so in all reality they're equal in that respect.

I hope it rains, because despite it being our home GP, I don't find Silverstone that exciting.

(Original post by Untitled258)
I think the fact the 1 of the ferrari drivers is well better the lewis, and the other one is at least on par with him, especially with his pace of late, and the fact the Ferraris are so quick. Thats damaged lewis's hopes.
I don't think Massa is on par with Lewis, but yes Kimi is better. The main issue if both the Ferraris are consistantly strong and hence back each other up, throw in BMW being strong (Kubica at least) and McLaren are stuggling to even get on the podium at times. While it's a pain for Lewis, it makes it all the more interesting for us.
Rob500
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It does indeed look like there will be rain for both qualifying and the race: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2835
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My prediction for this race is for Hamilton to do quite well... and then get hit by another "borderline" penalty from the FIA thus virtually ruining his race. Naturally this will cause outrage, the British media will hang, draw and quarter Hamilton and his championship will be virtually over.

And McLaren/Ron Dennis will start a campaign against the FIA just to spice up the second half of this season :p:
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by thomasp)
My prediction for this race is for Hamilton to do quite well... and then get hit by another "borderline" penalty from the FIA thus virtually ruining his race. Naturally this will cause outrage, the British media will hang, draw and quarter Hamilton and his championship will be virtually over.

And McLaren/Ron Dennis will start a campaign against the FIA just to spice up the second half of this season :p:
Heh, interesting theory :p:

Can imagine this as being an all or nothing race, I think Hamilton will either do well and come in first, or bomb out. I can't see him settling for a lower podium or less without kicking off, really.
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My money is on massa this weekend, i feel he will do well.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
N00by could do well to try and finish and not piss everyone off and being a tetchy little *****. He's under immense pressure this weekend so he'll either bottle it again or he'll be stellar. I personally wouldn't mind if he stuffs it trying to gun round the outside of someone at Copse, but the poor boy needs to start answering his critics or else he will be starting to look Villeneuve-esque.

C'mon Kimi and Little Phil!
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think Lewis will bottle it, the more i hear him talk and see him race, the less i rate him, hes proper annoying. And ive fell out with McLaren because they never seem to let Hiekki get a look in, his roll atm is "lewises rear gunner"/the person to hold the rest of the pack up because Hamboy needs to fight threw them because hes done something stupid again

Its all about Massa, Kimi and the prancing horse for me at the top of the grid.
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
My money is on massa this weekend, i feel he will do well.
Not if it rains. He's horrible in the wet. Got about as much sense of grip on the track as moles have vision.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by President_Ben)
Not if it rains. He's horrible in the wet. Got about as much sense of grip on the track as moles have vision.
Not entirely sure about that nowadays - he was rinsing Monaco remember until he scooched off at st devote, which is arguably less offensive than bashing into people or tail whipping barriers. Be interesting to see if that was a one-off though.

Anyhoo, Daddy Hamilton has stopped N00by from doing a Triathlon against Jense for charity. For sure he needs to concentrate on driving, but what is one trio gonna do when he needs to train anyway. Not gonna harm his image.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
21.88%
The paper was reasonable (419)
43.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (185)
19.09%
It was TERRIBLE (153)
15.79%

Watched Threads