The Student Room Group

Economics University Offer chances

Course: Economics
My gcses are: 2 A stars, 7 As and 1B
Predicted grades: Maths (A*), Economics (A*), Chemistry (A)
I am looking to apply for the unis: UCL, Warwick, Nottingham, St Andrews and Exeter. Do I have a chance with these grades particularly for UCL and Warwick?

Thanks
I don't see why not; perhaps UCL might ding you for relatively low proportion of A*s and/or lack of FM, but I think you are as competitive an applicant as any generally. Have you considered Cambridge? You meet their entry criteria, and they don't put much weight on GCSEs. While the lack of FM isn't ideal for Cambridge, if it wasn't available to you (or you weren't permitted to take it) that may be less of an issue (and it's strictly speaking not required anyway).
Original post by artful_lounger
I don't see why not; perhaps UCL might ding you for relatively low proportion of A*s and/or lack of FM, but I think you are as competitive an applicant as any generally. Have you considered Cambridge? You meet their entry criteria, and they don't put much weight on GCSEs. While the lack of FM isn't ideal for Cambridge, if it wasn't available to you (or you weren't permitted to take it) that may be less of an issue (and it's strictly speaking not required anyway).

I have had a look at Cambridge but I didn't really like the university in general that much. So should i not worry too much about UCL and Warwick?
Original post by annoymous123
I have had a look at Cambridge but I didn't really like the university in general that much. So should i not worry too much about UCL and Warwick?

I don't think you have too much to be worried about; they do prefer FM, but I don't have any data that suggests it's an implicit requirement (like at LSE). Was FM available to you at your school, or do they not teach it? If your school doesn't offer it and your academic reference explains this in their reference, it shouldn't be considered negatively.
Original post by annoymous123

I prefer UCL. from www.seeuni.org
UCL; SeeUni Rank: 3, REF 4 Stars: 43%, REF staff 2566
Warwick: SeeUni Rank: 16, REF 4 Stars: 37%, REF staff 931

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending