The Student Room Group

Crazy in love with my best friends but I don't think she feels the same way

We are both female, we met in year 9 we are now both 18.She went off to a prestigious uni while I am redoing 2 of my a levels as I had serious mental health issues and couldn't cope.My fear is that she will forget about me and move on eventually with her life.I care about her very much we tell each other I love you but I think she interprets this as love for a friend not a romantic interest.

She isn't responding to my messages or phone calls recently.I miss her so much :'(
Hi,
she's your best friend and even if she doesn't think anything of you romantically she should still be there for you. You need to accept that people move on and want new experiences in life-if she doesn't like you as a friend/romantically anymore then you should accept it and move on.
Have faith in yourself-don't stress yourself over someone who avoids you and focus on your a-levels
having mental health issues can seriously impact someone's life and you shouldn't put that pressure on yourself
Maybe if you pass and do well in your life then she would be interested in you again?
Hope this helps x :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
she's your best friend and even if she doesn't think anything of you romantically she should still be there for you. You need to accept that people move on and want new experiences in life-if she doesn't like you as a friend/romantically anymore then you should accept it and move on.
Have faith in yourself-don't stress yourself over someone who avoids you and focus on your a-levels
having mental health issues can seriously impact someone's life and you shouldn't put that pressure on yourself
Maybe if you pass and do well in your life then she would be interested in you again?
Hope this helps x :smile:

Are you suggesting she is not interested because I didn't do well in my a levels :frown: I just want to see her so badly when she's around me I feel very happy.I have never connected with someone like I connect with her.She accepts my oddities and I accept hers.I am struggling to put my head down to work.
Due to my mental health issues I often feel rather sad and lonely but when I am with her at that moment it is only me and her and my problems go away for that moment.
Are you suggesting she is not interested because I didn't do well in my a levels :frown: I just want to see her so badly when she's around me I feel very happy.I have never connected with someone like I connect with her.She accepts my oddities and I accept hers.I am struggling to put my head down to work.
Due to my mental health issues I often feel rather sad and lonely but when I am with her at that moment it is only me and her and my problems go away for that moment.

Im not saying that's the reason she isn't interested in you. Im just saying that achieving a good set of results might help with your self-consciousness and will give you the courage that you need to ask her directly whether she is interested or not.
Are you completely sure that she is lesbian though and attracted to females, or is her affection for you just what a friend would do?
Reply 4
Im not saying that's the reason she isn't interested in you. Im just saying that achieving a good set of results might help with your self-consciousness and will give you the courage that you need to ask her directly whether she is interested or not.
Are you completely sure that she is lesbian though and attracted to females, or is her affection for you just what a friend would do?

She is bisexual
She is bisexual

ok
have you tried contacting her recently, if she eventually replies then try to find an indirect way of finding out whether she is single or not?
if she doesn't reply, try and confront some of her other friends, they might know things about her current situation/status which might help you get closer to her
Reply 6
She is bisexual

Ok. Is she in a relationship? It does not sound like you ever told her that you actually fancy her? People need to be clear with their feelings.
Reply 7
Original post by mgi
Ok. Is she in a relationship? It does not sound like you ever told her that you actually fancy her? People need to be clear with their feelings.

She is single.Her only relationship is her love affair with fan fiction.

Quick Reply

Latest