The Student Room Group

Law LLB - A-Level resit.

girl plz
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by cheerIeader
Hi,

I failed my A-Levels and got grades of ABD. I'm resitting the D grade but I'm worried no Universities will make me offers.

I know I'm eligible for contextual offers for every University I applied to due to extenuating circumstances (that is, if they make me an offer in the first place).

I applied through UCAS today and I was predicted an A grade for the A-Level I'm resitting and I'm really worried no University will make me an offer. :frown:

The Universities I applied for are York, Warwick, Newcastle, Sheffield and Exeter. :'(

We're not often serious with one another but to be serious for one minute, you will get offers
Thanks so much hun you've really restored my faith in my life.

Do you think York/Warwick will make me offers? I feel so nervous about failing everything. I think I deserve an unconditional but I'm not sure that'll happen.

I don't want to be specific and say you will get offers from x uni or y uni because I can't say that for sure ......but I do think you'll get offers from some of them because you have been strangely sensible and applied to a range of unis, some more competitive than others but all good unis.
Thanks so much hun you've really restored my faith in my life.

Do you think York/Warwick will make me offers? I feel so nervous about failing everything. I think I deserve an unconditional but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Harry is right. It's unthinkable that you wouldn't get any offers.
Original post by harrysbar
I don't want to be specific and say you will get offers from x uni or y uni because I can't say that for sure ......but I do think you'll get offers from some of them because you have been strangely sensible and applied to a range of unis, some more competitive than others but all good unis.

Is there any uni in particular from the ones I've chosen you think are regarded better than others out of curiosity?

Original post by Reality Check
Harry is right. It's unthinkable that you wouldn't get any offers.

Also thanks I was genuinely nervous because I had this idea unis may somewhat discriminate against resits.

Also thanks I was genuinely nervous because I had this idea unis may somewhat discriminate against resits.

Some unis aren't happy with results. But you've clearly been smart and applied to a range of universities and done your research, so you should get a good outcome. :smile:
Is there any uni in particular from the ones I've chosen you think are regarded better than others out of curiosity?

Warwick is probably the toughest one to get into, but they're all well regarded.

None of them discriminate against people with extenuating circumstances taking resits, but then you already know that. You are just having a last minute crisis of confidence
The Universities I applied for are York, Warwick, Newcastle, Sheffield and Exeter. :'(

Have you already submitted your application?
Original post by Quick-use
Have you already submitted your application?

Yep. I submitted it yesterday. I sent an extenuating circumstance letter to every university as well as the application.

Quick Reply

Latest