UKCAT practice resource Watch

rjprobert
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I think Ive repeated this in the wrong place - so sorry if this post is in here twice ;-p

Thank you to all those who offered their services with reviewing our new UKCAT service at onexamination.com/ukcat - though we are yet to receive our feed back from some who promised ;-) It helps us tremendously to listen to what you guys have to say.

I just want to make a couple of suggestions based on some of the comments I have received.

Firstly. There have been a couple of comments on how it shouldn’t be possible to practice for an aptitude test – I have a couple of things to say on this:
1. If you practice ANYTHING – you will certainly improve. This is proven for many tests including Mensa testing!
2. Familiarising yourself with the question types and formats under exam conditions will help you prepare for what is expected of you on the day – there won’t be any surprises!
3. With approximately 70,000 people competing for 10,000 places – doesn’t it make sense to walk into your test feeling confident in your ability.
4. The practice resource allows you to check how you’re doing against your peers - your competition! No book will help you understand how your doing compared to your peers.
5. If you disagree with any of the above – I suggest you try the free practice questions on our site – check your score – and then see how you feel. Now I’m sure that there are some of you out there who will get them all right – well done on you. I’ve just come back from a UCAS exhibition where I spoke to HUNDREDS of students who changed their minds on whether or not they needed to practice for the test!

Secondly, the price - It’s interesting to find that the price is too high. The only thing that I can do to help is offer a discount of £10 off the subscription. It’s not much, it’s just a little thank you for your help and feedback. Just enter the code: STR2008 at the website. I don’t have the power to lower the price, but I certainly will feed this information back to management.

Again, thanks for your help and good luck with your tests.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (190)
39.58%
No - but I will (29)
6.04%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.88%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.5%

Watched Threads