Freshers week do i have too? (this is for current students at kent) Watch

jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey everyone, im made a thread like this in the general university discussion but was interested to ehar from actual kent students,

i would like your views if possible, what happens at kent in freshers week? whats avoidbale and whats not and all that sort of stuff,

cheers

(i did make a similar thread in general discussion but wanetd to no exactly what its like at kent, below is the link)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=618784
Hev456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can parttake in how many freshers week stuff as you like, but do bare in mind this is the week everyone will be making friends. I met some of my closest friends at our uni nightclub, and if you just stay in your room most of the time for you it may become a bit of a problem later on.

But then again, that might be alright for you. What are your reasons for avoiding all things freshers?
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
well im 23, have been doing bricklaying/labouring for the past 5 years and outside of college and soon to be uni have got a big social group whom ive know for ages, and a girlfrind of 4 years almost, plus i will be living with her in a flat 5 mins from campus anyway (i live in herne bay which is like 10 mins away anyway)

so from that view point i cant be botehred, i will meet people on my course when i start as will have 3 years to do so, plus have three mates doing the same course from the btec i did at canterbury college, so im already going to have classmates ?(unless we all get split up?)

what sort of things do they have available in the day times of freshers week, whats the typical schedule, and i spose id be interested to hear what they do in the evening too

cheers
random_bloke
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
there is stuff like inductions etc to go to which are academic as opposed to social, I would suggest you go to these.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise