The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Uni of Reading 2020 applicants/ offer holders

Hi!
I just wanted to start this to see who is in a similar situation to me and just have a general chat about what is to come! I am currently taking a gap year and just applied to Reading and am holding an unconditional offer for the Real Estate course starting in 2020. Just leave some comments if you're thinking of going to Reading next year and what course you wish to do!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellie232323
Hi!
I just wanted to start this to see who is in a similar situation to me and just have a general chat about what is to come! I am currently taking a gap year and just applied to Reading and am holding an unconditional offer for the Real Estate course starting in 2020. Just leave some comments if you're thinking of going to Reading next year and what course you wish to do!:smile:

I've added this to the big list of uni threads :yay:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
hi! i’m applying to reading this year for psychology, hoping to put it down as my insurance choice so fingers crossed!
Reply 3
Original post by ellie232323
Hi!

Hey ellie,

I am planning to apply to Reading, Cass for real estate. Also, have been asked to look into cambridge and LBS. Any idea how these fare ? As I am an international student I am really worried about post study opportunities that these courses can offer. Would you by any chance have more information on them ?

Thanks,
Ishan
Original post by tacobeth
hi! i’m applying to reading this year for psychology, hoping to put it down as my insurance choice so fingers crossed!

Hi,

It's great to hear you've applied to Reading. We have a beautiful campus here with plenty of societies / activities / events that you could get involved in. As well, our academic facilities are excellent, including our brand new library. Please let us know if you have any queries / questions you have about the uni.

Delia
3rd Year Business Student
Hey I'm applying for Zoology! Reading is my #1 choice right now :smile:
Original post by UniofReading
Please let us know if you have any queries / questions you have about the uni.

Delia

Hi, I was wondering if I put you down as my insurance would I still apply for accommodation? Bit confused about the whole process
Original post by EBurlton
Hey I'm applying for Zoology! Reading is my #1 choice right now :smile:

That’s great to hear! Let us know if you have any questions! We’re more than happy to help :smile:

Ellen :smile:
Speech and Language Therapy And Student Ambassador
Original post by tacobeth
Hi, I was wondering if I put you down as my insurance would I still apply for accommodation? Bit confused about the whole process

Hi,

Great to know you’re considering Reading as an insurance choice! Yes, you would still need to apply for accommodation.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with,

Ellen :smile:
Student Ambassador
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group chat or a page for the applicants of 2020?!
Hi there guys,

@ishanme I am sure that you have looked at the Real Estate course page online but I will send it across anyway: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/real-estate-and-planning-ug.aspx you can also use our chat to a student portal to get more of an insight into studying different courses at the university from some of our current students. If you are wanting further study (as I am not certain what stage of your studies you are currently at), we offer a masters course in the subject depending on your current level so this could be another route into the field. I would advise going to the ask a question page and your query will be directed to the relevant person at the university who can answer your question more accurately: www.reading.ac.uk/question

Whilst I cannot advise on courses offered at Cambridge or LBS, I can say that the Real Estate courses at Reading offer some fantastic opportunities and the university has great links with industry. The business school also has its own careers service so they are very supportive of your post-study options. You can find out more at this web page: https://www.henley.ac.uk/school/real-estate-and-planning Hope this helps!😊🙌🏻

@anonymous #1 There tends to be a Facebook page that gets updated for freshers each year. It might not be available yet as it’s quite early in the application process but keep checking and it’ll be sure to turn up soon!

Best of luck with the application process everybody, hope to see you at the University of Reading in 2020!

Ella
3rd year Primary Education with English student and student ambassador 😊
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi,

It's great to hear you've applied to Reading. We have a beautiful campus here with plenty of societies / activities / events that you could get involved in. As well, our academic facilities are excellent, including our brand new library. Please let us know if you have any queries / questions you have about the uni.

Delia

Hi there, I also looked at applying to Reading in terms of wanting to take the course Business and Management. As I see that you are a 3rd year business student is getting an ABC or a BBB alright in terms of being able to study the course. I've done my research and it said that if you get a grade below their grade requires to Business and Management they are still likely to accept you to study the course - so do you have any information about this.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by BassClef
Hi there, I also looked at applying to Reading in terms of wanting to take the course Business and Management. As I see that you are a 3rd year business student is getting an ABC or a BBB alright in terms of being able to study the course. I've done my research and it said that if you get a grade below their grade requires to Business and Management they are still likely to accept you to study the course - so do you have any information about this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I’m glad that you are considering the University of Reading for your studies! You can find a course overview for our Business and Management course here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/business-and-management-accounting-and-finance-ug/ba-business-management.aspx

As student ambassadors, we would be out of place to advise about admissions queries or on individual applications, but you could contact our friendly admissions team about this and they will be able to provide more of an insight😊. You can contact them via

email: [email protected]
telephone: +44(0)118 378 8372

Best of luck!

Ella😊
Hey, I'm applying for Accounting and Business (2020 entry)
Original post by AM_TSR
Hey, I'm applying for Accounting and Business (2020 entry)

Excellent choice 😎

You can find out more about the course as well as some coure modules on this page: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/business-and-management-accounting-and-finance-ug/ba-accounting-and-business.aspx

You can also chat to one of our students studying a similar course to get more of an insight here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/about/chat-to-our-students.aspx

Best of luck!

Ella 😊
Final year Primary Education with English student and student ambassador
I received my offer for DDM for Zoology today!! I was so happy I cried, can't believe I got my #1!
Applying to reading for Accounting & Business :smile:
Original post by james.clk
Applying to reading for Accounting & Business :smile:

Hi,

Its great to hear you've applied to Reading. The Henley Business School is great here and I currently study BA Business and Management - if you have any questions about courses, the university or day-to-day life, please let me know :smile:

Delia
3rd Year Business Student.
Hi,

Its great to hear you've applied to Reading. The Henley Business School is great here and I currently study BA Business and Management - if you have any questions about courses, the university or day-to-day life, please let me know :smile:

Delia
3rd Year Business Student.

Is the Business School at a different campus? Thanks
Original post by james.clk
Is the Business School at a different campus? Thanks

Hi,

The Henley Business School is situated on Readings main campus (Whiteknights). It is a very modern building with plenty of study space and a small library. Although not all your business lectures will be in the school - its a great addition to the campus.

Any other questions - please let me know
Delia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending