Self-Studying A-Levels.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m self studying A-Levels and need some help with motivation. I had loads but friends just look at me like I’m too optimistic. Is it possible?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Hello fellow A-leveler,

I have 4 friends that are doing all three of their A-levels online and although they get a little frustrated from time to time, they always get around their inner conflicts. All you need to do is find a practical and helpful way to plan your study sessions and revision tactics. You can do this!!!!
username4961772
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I totally understand what you mean about coming across too "optimistic". I have had a few people, in particular my UCAS referee, question whether I am overestimating myself (lol) too. Thing with motivation is, you have to have a purpose and want something. There is no easy way around hard work and getting up everyday and actually doing your work doesn't necessarily have to require motivation (which is actually a good thing!). What you need is action. Forget about how you feel if you find your emotions are getting in the way of your studies. Think objectively. Effort = good grades. Put in the work. Work hard. Motivation? The way I am beginning to think is that you don't need motivation in the way people think we need it. You need a purpose in the back of your mind, a goal that motivates you, that drives you but for short-term you need discipline more than motivation.

I don't know if I am making sense. Forgive me, it is a late late. I will just quickly say, I know how you feel but remember that you are in control of doing well. All you have to do is act (revise and revise and revise) and the rest should be fine!
Take care :hugs:
Last edited by username4961772; 1 year ago
username4961772
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some practical advice since I don't know what the hell I just posted previously:

- Plan your revision. DO IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN. Make a timetable.
- I recommend you also put 'mocks' in your calendar.
- Find all resources you can online. Videos. Revision websites and whatnot. Make folders in your google drive for past-papers.
- Make your own notes, please please please do this.
- With organization, self-discipline and effective use of your time you should be fine.
- Do NOT forget past papers.

Best of luck!
Last edited by username4961772; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello fellow A-leveler,

I have 4 friends that are doing all three of their A-levels online and although they get a little frustrated from time to time, they always get around their inner conflicts. All you need to do is find a practical and helpful way to plan your study sessions and revision tactics. You can do this!!!!
(Original post by Sinful Delight)
I totally understand what you mean about coming across too "optimistic". I have had a few people, in particular my UCAS referee, question whether I am overestimating myself (lol) too. Thing with motivation is, you have to have a purpose and want something. There is no easy way around hard work and getting up everyday and actually doing your work doesn't necessarily have to require motivation (which is actually a good thing!). What you need is action. Forget about how you feel if you find your emotions are getting in the way of your studies. Think objectively. Effort = good grades. Put in the work. Work hard. Motivation? The way I am beginning to think is that you don't need motivation in the way people think we need it. You need a purpose in the back of your mind, a goal that motivates you, that drives you but for short-term you need discipline more than motivation.

I don't know if I am making sense. Forgive me, it is a late late. I will just quickly say, I know how you feel but remember that you are in control of doing well. All you have to do is act (revise and revise and revise) and the rest should be fine!
Take care :hugs:
Guys, thanks for this! It’s just all my friends are at sixth-form, and I’m constantly comparing myself to them, and I waste time worrying instead of working. I just need to get back on track!
Anonymous #1
anyone have any tips for english, maths, politics?
Anonymous #1
bump
Anonymous #1
anyone??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (93)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.37%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.84%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
29.79%

Watched Threads