Dating a friend who has never had a girlfriend Watch

Bowzandglitterz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I recently told a guy friend who I’ve known for a little over a year that I like him and luckily he admitted he likes me too, we have spent a lot of time together just the two of us but nothing seems to be happening? He has never had a girlfriend or really dated before so he is kind of shy and awkward when it comes to the whole dating/relationship type stuff. We haven’t even kissed yet and it’s been over a month? Any tips on how to get this to progress? We are both on the same page about how we feel and that we would love things to go further in the future but he is too shy to take this little first step.
Hajerxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bowzandglitterz)
I recently told a guy friend who I’ve known for a little over a year that I like him and luckily he admitted he likes me too, we have spent a lot of time together just the two of us but nothing seems to be happening? He has never had a girlfriend or really dated before so he is kind of shy and awkward when it comes to the whole dating/relationship type stuff. We haven’t even kissed yet and it’s been over a month? Any tips on how to get this to progress? We are both on the same page about how we feel and that we would love things to go further in the future but he is too shy to take this little first step.
Hi there,
If he's shy, then I think you should take the first step (doesn't have to be huge, it can be as simple as hugging him goodbye in a romantic way.) Hope this helps!
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you also too shy to take the first step?
Bowzandglitterz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sataris)
Are you also too shy to take the first step?
I am! My last relationship was 3 year’s ago so it’s been a while 🙈
Bowzandglitterz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hajerxx)
Hi there,
If he's shy, then I think you should take the first step (doesn't have to be huge, it can be as simple as hugging him goodbye in a romantic way.) Hope this helps!
That was helpful thank you! I’ve been too scared to make the first move also it’s been 3 years since I last dated anyone so I’m a bit out of practice!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am! My last relationship was 3 year’s ago so it’s been a while 🙈
It might have been a while for you, but it's been never for them... If you want something to happen, take the initiative.
elliottttt5685
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
how old are you to by btw
Bowzandglitterz
Rep:
?
(Original post by elliottttt5685)
how old are you to by btw
I’m 22
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe ask him if you could kiss him. If he likes you a lot, he would say yes. Just take things slowly and be patient with him.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He’s shy, he doesn’t want to mess things up between you guys because he really cares for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.1%
Labour (323)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (154)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.4%
Brexit Party (21)
2.77%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)