Raquelinesmith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello, I am a new member.

Is there any way to find exceptional A-Levels tutors outside of tutoring companies? We just moved to New York City from England and I am looking for an excellent A level tutor. Ideally, they would live in NYC, but, online tutoring could be a good option for us.

We have spent literally MONTHS trying to find A level tutors here. We now want to find someone who can tutor online.

What is particularly difficult is finding someone familiar with the A Levels system here in NYC so I thought you might have referrals or ideas?

These are the subjects we need help with:

Psychology – AQA – (7182)
Business Studies – AQA – (7132)
History of Art – Edexcel/Pearson – (9HT0)

Thank you so much in advance,
Student 1011
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I used one or two tutors on mytutor.co.uk and was relatively impressed with their knowledge and ability to teach. That said, the fact that all tutors are students is a double-edged sword in that arguably they are more knowledgable in their subject relative to teachers, but they aren't always as good at actually teaching. I would still say have a look and see what you think.
Raquelinesmith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the response. So, you have to create an account on mytutor.co.uk, right? I would prefer to contact these tutors directly without a third party mediation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (171)
53.44%
18-20 years old (no) (38)
11.88%
20-25 years old (yes) (51)
15.94%
20-25 years old (no) (5)
1.56%
25-30 years old (yes) (20)
6.25%