ShellyBizz91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Ok so been trying to get into modelling and so decided to apply to a few places. I was called back by "Joyce" from Model network/Model Identity who talked through everything, made it sound really legit. I did look them up before but couldn't find anything bad about them. I have paid £50 to secure appointment, which I umderstand most model platforms ask for. The shoot is in London and they have told me the usual, which is bring minimum 7 outfits, no hair products, no makeup. I'm still worried it is a scam and at this point I'm questioning whether to just stop now, (I don't mind losing £50) before I lose way more money, which I will mind losing. I wouldn't pay out for a portfolio anyway if they asked because I know that will be a scam then. What should I do?
Anonnorth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Definitely sounds like a scam, it common especially in London, when you get there you are then asked to pay around £500 on the day for the photographs.
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...modeling-scams
geo1000
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello,I have just been last night to their studio as someone called Tia contacted me from Identity Management bringing my own cloths.I have spent 4 hours on that day with a photographer in the studio or outside however at the end of the photo shooting I had to wait for my result to see if i am successful and we will take it from there.While I was waiting a coloured girl finished and I did asked her how did it go as I was waiting for my result.She said<<they are asking for money<< 500pounds, 1000 pounds.I was in a bit of shock as I did not find it right.So I went inside and had a chat with a girl who apparently was ,,the boss,,She had a great ,,scenario,, about how great I looked in the pictures(I saw them and I did not really liked them), about how much money I can earn, when're can se send me, how great this industry can be but hard work.And boooomm..at the end of this mentioned that i have to pay for my portfolio to create the website and she even told me that she chooses a manager for me who will be managing my work and i don t need to pay for it.She gave me a list.Everything started from 500 pounds for 10 photos up to £2000 if you want to have a website etc.I was in shock.She was expected me to choose exactly on that time and if I cannot afford to pay all at least to put down a deposit of 200 pounds.I keep saying that i have to think about it as this is quite a lot of money and she insisted if I don t pay anything now, she will delete my photos and it is over.I did not pay for anything I left and I was very disappointed for waisting my time like this.I think everything is a scam I saw many people coming there.I think they are continuously hunting for people.I would not do this mistake again, this is a scam.
Bushbbg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yep I had a thing exactly like u op but a different agency. I can’t say if it is or not because I didn’t bother going in the end and just took the £50 L rather than wasting my time and being disappointed (by not being able to afford the photos).

I mean, you could still go, then get your deposit back if you want. They can’t force you to buy the picks. But maybe it’s legit, after all idk🤷🏻*♀️
geo1000
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I did go.let s see if I can take my 50 pounds back now.I have to wait.
I would not recommend to anyone to use Identity Management or to give money to any of these.You should not pay for the photos, at least until you have work.
LindaKovacs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ShellyBizz91)
Ok so been trying to get into modelling and so decided to apply to a few places. I was called back by "Joyce" from Model network/Model Identity who talked through everything, made it sound really legit. I did look them up before but couldn't find anything bad about them. I have paid £50 to secure appointment, which I umderstand most model platforms ask for. The shoot is in London and they have told me the usual, which is bring minimum 7 outfits, no hair products, no makeup. I'm still worried it is a scam and at this point I'm questioning whether to just stop now, (I don't mind losing £50) before I lose way more money, which I will mind losing. I wouldn't pay out for a portfolio anyway if they asked because I know that will be a scam then. What should I do?
Hi,I've been contacted by Identity management (maybe it's just their newest name). £50 booking fee.shoot went well,pics r great,paid £600. I have a model manager called Aiden (or just the same person with his 12345. name...) who does **** for me,just told me I'm a freelancer (working for myself,I do and pay for everything!). Jaw dropped... I even created an Instagram account to advertise myself. One agency contacted me,they're legit,website,email address,insta profile all there. I hope they won't set me up...
Tony uk
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have been in their studio and done shooting What they say to you it is just trying to sell you your photos, no modelling after that will happen Don’t believe themWaste money and time
Tony uk
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes they are scam
Smw2410*
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can I ask if you actually went to do this as I’m in exactly the same position. Is it a scam?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.56%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.07%
Look for a job (19)
3.51%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.06%
Take a year out (96)
17.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.09%

Watched Threads