I'm no robot but I'm trying - A Year 11 GYG Watch

Poll: Do you want me to talk more about my mental health?
Yes (7)
53.85%
No (6)
46.15%
rajayasaswini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone!!! My name is Raja Yasaswini (that's my whole first name). You can call me Raja if it makes your life easier. This is the first time I'm doing GYG after reading a couple of posts and threads. I'm in Year 11 this year.

The GCSEs I'm doing this year (I don't know my predicted grades):
Spoiler:
Show

Economics
French
Design and Technology
Computer Science
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
English Literature

The GCSEs I did last year:

Spoiler:
Show

English Language - 9
I got a 9!!! Yaaaaay!!!:yay:

My hobbies:

Spoiler:
Show

- Korean Music (kr&b, khiphop, k-pop, k-indie etc.)
- Listening to lo-fi music while I study
- Drawing/Doodling
- Listening to Podcasts (one of them is related to K-pop - talks about the latest music releases so I don't have to watch anything and I'm updated about what's going on in the industry)
- Writing Poems
- Reading
- Gaming
- Finding new artists to listen to
- Scrolling through Tumblr, Quora and TSR
- Programming
- Writing in my journal (I've been writing for 5 years)
- Watching anime and other animated shows

The apps and methods I'm using for studying:
Spoiler:
Show

- Study Bunny (seriously helpful 10/10)
- My Study Life (seriously helpful 10/10)

- Listening to music while studying, usually lofi and korean music (seriously helpful 10/10)

The subjects I need to focus on most of the time:
Spoiler:
Show

- Economics
- Biology
- Design and Technology
- Physics

My favourite subjects:
Spoiler:
Show

- Economics
- Physics
- Computer Science
- Maths
- English
- Chemistry
- French

My most hated subject:
Spoiler:
Show

- Design and Technology

What I do when I'm losing all motivation to study:
Spoiler:
Show

- Tell myself I will reward myself if I finish something
- Listen to Mixtape #3 by Stray Kids - it's a nice song and its about students. It inspired to me work harder because of one single line - "Blessing wait for you."

I seriously hope I can improve greatly in the subjects I want to improve in. My parents and the rest of my family(mom's side) (not including siblings or cousins) want me to become a doctor. I want to do something in Robotics and programming and medicine - maybe something like 3D printing organs and such to satisfy both my parents and myself.

I suffer from low self-esteem issues, anxiety and depression. I don't even know if I can say I'm depressed at all really. I don't feel sad but I'm just emotionally numb. I already went to a therapist and the antidepressants did not work and just made it harder for me because I gained 10 kgs in less than 2 weeks. I'm overweight and I'm trying my best to reduce my weight. I might talk more about this if you want me to in a separate post. I don't mind sharing my experience in therapy (it's different for everyone). I really want to break the stigma surrounding mental illnesses in the people around me because I have to live through it every day and it's just frustrating.

Thank you so much for reading! I will keep updating it! :happy2:
Last edited by rajayasaswini; 3 weeks ago
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
Post 1
18/10/2019

Yesterday was Thursday. The school was closed. I don't know why but I think it's for teacher training. Anyway, it's half term next week and I have a truckload of stuff I need to do.

Upcoming Tests:
Maths (the week after half term)
Economics (the day after half term)
Biology(in 4 weeks)

I also have my DT NEA deadlines. I seriously regret taking DT now. I thought it would be a fun subject but it's boring and there is a lot to do. Our teacher still hasn't even gone through the whole of last year's end of year exam. I got 50 something percent (as usual) in theory. We didn't even learn half of the stuff that came up in the exam.

Things I want to finish today:
- Notes on the first few topics in economics
- A card and a CAD model of one of the designs in DT
- I need to decide on an ongoing research topic for my product
- Biology Notes on Homeostasis
- Economics notes on everything this year
- Maths Probability revision

This is a lot to do, I know but I'm going to try my best to finish this stuff. Something even more annoying is the fact that I have a Biology and Economics class one after the other this evening. I'm pretty sure I will lose my mind halfway through a session.:afraid:

Update:

I did lose my mind halfway through Economics. I couldn't concentrate at all. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to complete all the tasks I wanted to do today.
What I haven't finished:
- card and CAD model
- ongoing research
- Bio notes
- Maths Probability Revision

I am thinking of only having 5 tasks per day since I think it is more manageable. These tasks will be tomorrow's tasks and I might have to add maybe one more thing. I'll decide tomorrow. I'm too tired.:argh: Goodnight everyone! Or good morning, good afternoon or good evening!

Thank you for reading! Have a great day!
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
Post 2
19/10/2019

Yay. It's Saturday! Oh yeah, btw, I forgot to tell you guys that Fridays and Saturdays are the weekends where I live so we had school was closed on Thursday.

Anyways, it's already 3 p.m. and I just had my Biology lesson online so oui oui. I was still struggling with what to do for one of my DT models but I figured it out ages ago. I just don't want to do DT right now but I should finish it today.

My goals for today:
- Maths Probability
- DT - Card, CAD and decide what I'm going to do for my ongoing research
- Bio notes on Animal Coordination, Control and Homeostasis(I did a majority of it through the online teaching lectures thing)

So yeah, these are my plans for today, well, the next few hours. I have another class at 6 p.m. for Chem. Yaaaay. Another class.:afraid: I want to sleep.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rajayasaswini)
So yeah, these are my plans for today, well, the next few hours. I have another class at 6 p.m. for Chem. Yaaaay. Another class.:afraid: I want to sleep.
Make sure you get plenty of rest tonight!
Amen4
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
keep going !! and make sure not to go too hard on yourself
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
Post 3
20/10/2019

I fell asleep after my Chemistry class yesterday. What was supposed to be a short nap turned into 10 hours of sleep. I half woke up at 11 p.m. and heard my mom talking about how she didn't wake me up because I looked so peaceful. I woke up at 5:45 because my watch was vibrating so loudly(it was the alarm). I feel totally rested but I didn't eat dinner or do my 30-minutes session of exercise yesterday.

Anyways, I woke up today to see that I had an acne breakout. Again. I'm pretty jealous of almost every single person in my year because I never see anyone with acne or even a pimple.

What I need to do today:

Name:  Screenshot_20191020-072116_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Views: 57
Size:  90.6 KB

Tags:
Spoiler:
Show

Update:
It's 12:35 a.m right now and I should really go sleep. Anyways, the stuff I managed to finish today:
Name:  Screenshot_20191021-002819_Study_Bunny[2].jpg
Views: 54
Size:  92.1 KB
I procrastinated a bit during my break times. I watched the whole of Black Butler: Book of Atlantic today. I also watched a few (read many) videos (maybe around 10 because I really wanted to clear my Watch Later but there are only 50 right now and the majority of them are just study music playlists) on YouTube.

I am planning to upload the number of hours I've studied this month around the end of every month as Study Bunny records all the time I've spent studying and I can keep track of how much time I spend on every subject every day. I need to sleep now:boring:. Bye bye!

Thank you for reading! Have a great day!

Upcoming Topic in the Next Post:
What I need to buy for my Bunny. Very important. I have literally been studying at least two hours a day for this!!! But at least it helped me study.
Yousef37
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please drop some of your GCSEs. it's clearly taking a toll on your health and is not worth it at all (literally taking that amount of GCSEs has no impact on your future)
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
Yousef37 In our school, we can do 4 GCSEs of our choice and we have to do Maths, all sciences and English. I don't think it's the number of GCSEs I'm taking that affects my health. It's just that I have to find ways to manage my time and be productive. Apart from the number of GCSEs I'm doing, there is also a lot of pressure from my parents to score a 100% in all my tests which is not possible since I'm not a robot. I genuinely don't want to drop some of my GCSEs but thank you for worrying about me.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Will be watching with interest how did you do that cool to do list?
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
Will be watching with interest how did you do that cool to do list?
Obolinda OMG! I love reading your posts so much! Thank you for reading my GYG! The To-Do list is from the app I'm using to time my study sessions and it's called Study Bunny.
Edit: It's a screenshot from the app.
epicnm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, I’m also in year 11! Keep me tagged! Do you know what you want to do for A Level?
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
(Original post by epicnm)
Hey, I’m also in year 11! Keep me tagged! Do you know what you want to do for A Level?
epicnm I have absolutely no idea what I want to do but I've chosen a few subjects I'd like to do:

Definitely want to do:
Maths
Computer Science
Physics

Extras:
Economics
English
French

Maybe might take to satisfy my parents:
Biology
Chemistry
Yousef37
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
epicnm I have absolutely no idea what I want to do but I've chosen a few subjects I'd like to do:

Definitely want to do:
Maths
Computer Science
Physics

Extras:
Economics
English
French

Maybe might take to satisfy my parents:
Biology
Chemistry
Don't take an A level (or make any life decisions) just to satisfy your parents.
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yousef37)
Don't take an A level (or make any life decisions) just to satisfy your parents.
Yousef37 Yeah. My parents want me to be a doctor while I want to go into Computer Science. I suck at Biology but if I get a good grade in Biology in my GCSEs, I might consider taking it for A-Levels. Oh, wait...we have to choose our A-levels before our GCSE exams. Dang it! But yeah, I might take up Biology because I would like to keep my options open and I don't want my future career to be based only in Biology or only in Computer Science. I like Biology but I hate it because I get terrible results in tests. I was considering to go for a job that mixes both of them. However, I would also really like to do English Literature since I love reading and writing. I might take Economics since I really like the subject a lot.

It's a lot of stuff. The subjects I mentioned are all my favourite subjects and it's so difficult to choose one of them(not including the list of subjects to satisfy my parents). I might make a different post talking about A-levels.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yousef37 In our school, we can do 4 GCSEs of our choice and we have to do Maths, all sciences and English. I don't think it's the number of GCSEs I'm taking that affects my health. It's just that I have to find ways to manage my time and be productive. Apart from the number of GCSEs I'm doing, there is also a lot of pressure from my parents to score a 100% in all my tests which is not possible since I'm not a robot. I genuinely don't want to drop some of my GCSEs but thank you for worrying about me.
you don't have to drop any subjects! you do seem to be coping so far, and yep i took art gcse so i get why dt is so terrible smh
and mhmmm the whole 100% thing really is uneccessary i've stopped telling my parents when i have tests and stuff, but literally look at the grade boundaries for gcses, even a levels, like for a level maths, 55% was an A its crazyyy so you don't NEED full marks but yea it does look nice but honestly as long as you're hitting whatever grade you desire its no biggie
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yousef37 Yeah. My parents want me to be a doctor while I want to go into Computer Science. I suck at Biology but if I get a good grade in Biology in my GCSEs, I might consider taking it for A-Levels. Oh, wait...we have to choose our A-levels before our GCSE exams. Dang it! But yeah, I might take up Biology because I would like to keep my options open and I don't want my future career to be based only in Biology or only in Computer Science. I like Biology but I hate it because I get terrible results in tests. I was considering to go for a job that mixes both of them. However, I would also really like to do English Literature since I love reading and writing. I might take Economics since I really like the subject a lot.

It's a lot of stuff. The subjects I mentioned are all my favourite subjects and it's so difficult to choose one of them(not including the list of subjects to satisfy my parents). I might make a different post talking about A-levels.
agreed you're the one who's gonna be sitting the exams not you're parents. you've still got some time to decided about a levels but don't go down the med route if you're not 100% committed. bioengineering sounds like an option for you
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
Post 4
21/10/2019

Good morning everyone! I can sense summer slowly changing into winter. Yesterday, it was pretty cloudy where I live. We only have 2 seasons (summer and winter) since we live in the desert (Middle East). I mean it is the city but it was built where it was pretty sandy and deserty. If you go out of the city, there's so much sand everywhere. I had my DofE Bronze Expedition in the desert (both practice and qualifying). I might make a post on my experience.

My goal for today:
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  Screenshot_20191021-090156_Study Bunny.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  111.1 KB

External goals:

Spoiler:
Show
- get out of the house for an hour or two
- go swimming
- swim 20 laps
- get to 150 coins on SB so I can buy this night landscape for the bunny(necessary for aesthetic purposes):
Name:  Screenshot_20191018-224346_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Views: 31
Size:  159.6 KB
P.S. The night landscape costs me like 150 coins and doesn't include the string lights and telescope. I put them in by using the 10-second preview choice. The string light cost 500 bunny coins and the telescope costs 70 bunny coins.
Right now it looks like this:
Name:  Screenshot_20191021-003225_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Views: 42
Size:  72.9 KB
I wasted 10 coins on a granola bar(I thought my bunny could eat it but it can't).
I bought those glasses btw to make the bunny look like me. I think it costed 70 coins.

Update

I procrastinated so much today! It's been my least productive day. I watched 10 episodes of Paranoia Agent on 2x speed (I watch all my videos on 2x speed). I spent 120 minutes watching it. Add another 12 minutes because one of the video servers showed the wrong video (a completely different anime). :banghead:

Apart from that, I kinda managed to do something today. I also had a Biology and Economics class today so that's 2 hours I did not procrastinate at all.

What I have finished:
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  Screenshot_20191022-000627_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Views: 39
Size:  112.4 KB

My finished external goals:
Spoiler:
Show
- I got out of the house for idk how long but I swam only 10 laps. I timed it and I got 31 seconds for one lap which is quite sad as I got 26 seconds once. It's been so long since I went swimming!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!!
I am proud to say...
Name:  Screenshot_20191021-230234_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Views: 7
Size:  148.1 KB
...I FINALLY GOT MY NIGHT CITY LANDSCAPE!!!:banana::evilbanana::bban:
And now I have 0 coins.
My next goal: get the STRING LIGHTS OR THE COMET which both cost 500 coins
Name:  Screenshot_20191022-001803_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Views: 35
Size:  153.7 KB
string lights
Name:  Screenshot_20191022-001752_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Size:  155.8 KB
comet
I did a lot of calculations for this:
- So we get a coin for every 10 minutes I study
- I need 500 coins for it
- So that means 5000 minutes = 83.3.... hours
- If I do 4 hours of study every day that's 24 coins in a day
- 500 / 24 = 20.83.... days
- I have 21 days to get this.
Final message: LESGEDDIT!

I also need to buy the telescope. I'm going to buy the comet then - the perfect aesthetic! Woohoo!

P.S. It's 12:32 a.m.

Tags:
Spoiler:
Show
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What is the point of a granola bar the bunny can't eat 😅
Satyr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Post 4
21/10/2019

Good morning everyone! I can sense summer slowly changing into winter. Yesterday, it was pretty cloudy where I live. We only have 2 seasons since we live in the desert (Middle East). I mean it is the city but it was built where it was previously pretty sandy and deserty.

My goal for today:
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  Screenshot_20191021-090156_Study Bunny.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  111.1 KB

External goals:

Spoiler:
Show
- get out of the house for an hour or two
- go swimming
- swim 20 laps
- get to 150 coins on SB so I can buy this night landscape for the bunny(necessary for aesthetic purposes):
Name:  Screenshot_20191018-224346_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Size:  159.6 KB
P.S. The night landscape costs me like 150 coins and doesn't include the string lights and telescope. I put them in by using the 10-second preview choice. The string light cost 500 bunny coins and the telescope costs 70 bunny coins.
Right now it looks like this:
Name:  Screenshot_20191021-003225_Study_Bunny[1].jpg
Views: 42
Size:  72.9 KB
I wasted 10 coins on a granola bar(I thought my bunny could eat it but it can't).

Nice GYG. If you have anything like a tag-list can you add me to it.
rajayasaswini
Rep:
?
(Original post by Satyr)
Nice GYG. If you have anything like a tag-list can you add me to it.
Yeah sure. You're already in the tag list in today's post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (259)
54.18%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.97%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.74%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.23%