question about challenge section in Maths edexcel books

Watch
anonymous230
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello im going through the edexcel a level maths book (pure year 1 and 2 + stats/mechanics year 1 and 2)

would the content in this book be sufficient? if i master everything in this book would that be fine for the exam?

also how often do the challenge type questions in the blue boxes in the book come up in the exams? is most the exam equivalent to the challenge questions or is most the exam equivalent to the questions with E next to it (E, E/P) ?

does year 2 content appear more in the exam than year 1 content or do they both come up in the exam evenly or something?

the challenge questions are fine and for most topics i can do them quite easily after learning the content and i am currently going through stats/mechanics book year 1 and have already completed year 1 pure however i am forgetting information from year 1 pure content and i think ive already forgotten some due to not revising it at all, can anyone share some beneficial websites to revise from, should i just go through the books whilst going through the next one?

also is there an equations booklet in the exam? and what sort of stuff does it give you?
Last edited by anonymous230; 1 year ago
MarkFromWales
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous230)

also is there an equations booklet in the exam? and what sort of stuff does it give you?
Here's a link to the formulas book that you get in the exam:
Edexcel formulas book
moomin valley
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Considering how much everyone complains about last year's Edexcel exam. I would assume you could expect a lot of the content to be up to the challenge question level.
anonymous230
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by moomin valley)
Considering how much everyone complains about last year's Edexcel exam. I would assume you could expect a lot of the content to be up to the challenge question level.
woah okay thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (42)
36.52%
No (59)
51.3%
I don't know (14)
12.17%

Watched Threads