help!!cant swallow pills/capsules Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Help I have to take four tablets everyday however I can’t seem to swallow them what can I do ive already tried different techniques
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
talk to your GP about this
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by IH8Studying)
talk to your GP about this
Won’t be able to help too much because there’s no liquid form of this pill and cannot be dissolved,chewed or broken
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Put the tablet in your mouth and continously drink until it goes down.
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Won’t be able to help too much because there’s no liquid form of this pill and cannot be dissolved,chewed or broken
well it’s better than not taking it at all. they could help in some way. maybe try breaking down the pill like i do
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IH8Studying)
well it’s better than not taking it at all.
This is complelely wrong. Many pills are coated and splitting them can mean the dosage is not given in the way intended. In particular, capsules containing powder, gel or grains are intended to pass through the stomach and be absorbed in the intestine. If the stomach acids can get at the drug itself the user is likely not to benefit from using them at all.
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
This is complelely wrong. Many pills are coated and splitting them can mean the dosage is not given in the way intended. In particular, capsules containing powder, gel or grains are intended to pass through the stomach and be absorbed in the intestine. If the stomach acids can get at the drug itself the user is likely not to benefit from using them at all.
Well, it works for me. But i guess i shouldn’t be advising others to do that. Thank you for explaining.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try taking them in a spoonful of yoghurt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.12%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.97%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.8%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.39%
No unconditional offers (170)
67.73%

Watched Threads