personal statement help Watch

artcrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hey guys i'm currently starting to do my personal statement and was wondering how i should open (i want to do history of art/architecture...soas being my top choice) my personal statement and what i should include...in particular what did u guys currently doing these courses (history of art) include in ur personal statements
tnx:confused:
Ghassan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why dont you have a look at the UCAS/Applications section?
girlA
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
this is an old thread, but just because I'm so extremely delighted that I finally found a fellow history of art/ archeology student on TSR, I'm gonna reply you with full details.

I'm a successful applicant to the course. One might argue that I got in because I am an international applicant (I think they are looking for international students this year because the percentage has dropped from the past) but I still liked my PS anyway .

Mine was long, and since I only applied to SOAS I was able to talk about how much I am interested (and knowledgeable:p: ) in East Asian Art in particular.
I talked about how important ART is throughout my life, and how I had demonstrated the importance and knowledge learned through the classes/programs I have taken (I studied in the US for high school) and the relative contributions I've done (and others to brag :P ex:art/art history/international related awards and extra curriculum positions)
since I applied for a double major in social anthropology, I also talked about my view on art history in relation to humanity.

sorry if this is a total cliche, it WAS a 4152 character essay.
Hope this helped if you're still looking for help. Good luck.
(contact me if you'd like more details^^.)
artcrazy
Rep:
?
tnx for the help ...much appreciated will contact if need anymore
artcrazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by girlA)
this is an old thread, but just because I'm so extremely delighted that I finally found a fellow history of art/ archeology student on TSR, I'm gonna reply you with full details.

I'm a successful applicant to the course. One might argue that I got in because I am an international applicant (I think they are looking for international students this year because the percentage has dropped from the past) but I still liked my PS anyway .

Mine was long, and since I only applied to SOAS I was able to talk about how much I am interested (and knowledgeable:p: ) in East Asian Art in particular.
I talked about how important ART is throughout my life, and how I had demonstrated the importance and knowledge learned through the classes/programs I have taken (I studied in the US for high school) and the relative contributions I've done (and others to brag :P ex:art/art history/international related awards and extra curriculum positions)
since I applied for a double major in social anthropology, I also talked about my view on art history in relation to humanity.

sorry if this is a total cliche, it WAS a 4152 character essay.
Hope this helped if you're still looking for help. Good luck.
(contact me if you'd like more details^^.)
hey i was looking through my posts and 4got about this 1!!! but i just wanted to ask whether you mentioned any specific books on artists etc and whetehr you could recommend some! as i'm in the process of doing my personal statement and realsied i havnt mentiond books!!!
much appreciated if u could reply back!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed