Anyone moving back into halls for 2nd/3rd year? Watch

tymbnuip
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Are there any people who are staying on/moving back into university halls for their 2nd or 3rd year? I kinda ended up in the situation of not really having a group of friends who I was able/really wanted to live with for a year so I kinda just decided to stay in a different (and slightly better) uni hall for my 2nd year. Anyone else? Seems like the TOTAL done thing to just find a house with all your mates... oh well.
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tymbnuip)
Are there any people who are staying on/moving back into university halls for their 2nd or 3rd year? I kinda ended up in the situation of not really having a group of friends who I was able/really wanted to live with for a year so I kinda just decided to stay in a different (and slightly better) uni hall for my 2nd year. Anyone else? Seems like the TOTAL done thing to just find a house with all your mates... oh well.
I most likely will do! It's pretty common, since it's so easy to sort out
thebarmaidsmiles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's the norm in Aberystwyth to go back to halls in 3rd year, and while I was there a lot of 2nd years I knew also lived in halls. Think it depends on the uni.
Enchanté
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm moving into a house with my hallmates for the second year. Can't wait!
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So you didnt rent out because you didnt have a group of friends? pshh you needed to research in your area, rooms are sometimes cheaper to rent than hall accomodation y'know...
xKarinx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm staying in halls in a flat with 3 of my friends. I'd rather stay in halls tbh, closer to uni and en-suite :p:
Sijia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've stayed in halls for 2 years and will again next sept. It is so much easier to sort out and prices in London are ridiculous!
~NC~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im staying in halls Two of my flatmates are also staying. The third one isn't purely as she was a 3rd year and is leaving! i prefer halls, they're so much more convenient!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm living in halls for my second year and probs my third year, though I'm living with all my friends. For me, it's much easier to stay in halls than to try and find somewhere to live.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.15%
No - but I will (10)
4.72%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.6%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.53%

Watched Threads