The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Policy Advisor - Official Thread 2019-2020

Hi I have not yet seen an official thread for the HM Treasury grad scheme 2019-2020 so I thought I would start some.
Does anyone have any idea if the SJT is the same as the Fast Stream one?

Scroll to see replies

I’m applying! I have completed the SJT but did not do the FS one so I can’t comment. I did find it weird that it was all one page and you could choose the order that you answered the questions
Reply 2
Original post by S1elyak1
I’m applying! I have completed the SJT but did not do the FS one so I can’t comment. I did find it weird that it was all one page and you could choose the order that you answered the questions

Right! It was super weird. Also pretty bummed because I spent ages preparing the questions and they used different ones this time! Much harder i think. Do you have any idea how competitive it is? Like in comparison with other popular grad schemes like IB or the big4?
Reply 3
I am applying. What sort of questions are they? Want to prepare as much as possible as this is the first grad scheme I am applying for.
Original post by xx1t35
Right! It was super weird. Also pretty bummed because I spent ages preparing the questions and they used different ones this time! Much harder i think. Do you have any idea how competitive it is? Like in comparison with other popular grad schemes like IB or the big4?

Yeah it was, I have never seen it done that way before. I honestly have no idea how competitive it is, I want to say that it is less competitive than FS and IB and big4 but still quite competitive too.
Original post by mbrean
I am applying. What sort of questions are they? Want to prepare as much as possible as this is the first grad scheme I am applying for.

Start your application and you will be able to see the questions
Reply 6
Start your application and you will be able to see the questions

Is there not a time limit on for completion though
Original post by mbrean
Is there not a time limit on for completion though

No. It is not set out like other applications.
Reply 8
No. It is not set out like other applications.

No worries. Thanks for answering.
Reply 9
Yeah it was, I have never seen it done that way before. I honestly have no idea how competitive it is, I want to say that it is less competitive than FS and IB and big4 but still quite competitive too.

Thanks! well good luck to you, I hope you get through to the tests! :smile:
Original post by xx1t35
Thanks! well good luck to you, I hope you get through to the tests! :smile:

Thank you, good luck too! I just have the two written questions to answer and then I can submit my application.
Hi,

Has anyone completed the tests after the initial application? If so, how did you find them? esp in comparison to the FS tests if you did them?
Original post by Sonia_3
Hi,

Has anyone completed the tests after the initial application? If so, how did you find them? esp in comparison to the FS tests if you did them?

I sent off my application about 3 days ago. Had to do the answers to the questions and a SJT. Not heard anything back yet.
Reply 13
Original post by Sonia_3
Hi,

I’m pretty sure we’re going to be invited to the tests if we’ve made it through at around mid November, so the 14th. And I believe they are different to the FS because these are numerical and verbal reasoning tests- as opposed to work based scenario tests. :smile:
Original post by xx1t35
I’m pretty sure we’re going to be invited to the tests if we’ve made it through at around mid November, so the 14th. And I believe they are different to the FS because these are numerical and verbal reasoning tests- as opposed to work based scenario tests. :smile:

That was my thinking too!
Original post by xx1t35

Someone in one of the replies above mentioned completing a situational judgement test, I was referring to that. I know they’re different, I’m asking how difficult/easy people who have applied found them so I know what to expect :smile:
Original post by connorfrench96
I sent off my application about 3 days ago. Had to do the answers to the questions and a SJT. Not heard anything back yet.

Was there a deadline to complete the SJT by?
Original post by Sonia_3
Was there a deadline to complete the SJT by?

Yes, I think it was yesterday.
Reply 18
Original post by Sonia_3
Someone in one of the replies above mentioned completing a situational judgement test, I was referring to that. I know they’re different, I’m asking how difficult/easy people who have applied found them so I know what to expect :smile:

My mistake, I thought you said 'after the initial application' as I took my SJT test in my initial application. I found them pretty hard, around the same as the FS but it was a lot shorter, but something you can't really 'prepare' for so to say. I did a few practice tests and found they didnt really help because the questions were so different but if you're worried maybe its a good idea! :smile:
Original post by xx1t35
My mistake, I thought you said 'after the initial application' as I took my SJT test in my initial application. I found them pretty hard, around the same as the FS but it was a lot shorter, but something you can't really 'prepare' for so to say. I did a few practice tests and found they didnt really help because the questions were so different but if you're worried maybe its a good idea! :smile:

I found the written questions harder!

Quick Reply

Latest