HM Treasury Policy Advisor - Official Thread 2019-2020 Watch

xx1t35
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by connorfrench96)
I found the written questions harder!
Yes.. I didn't even write any questions for the FS?
mbrean
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can someone help me? It's requiring me to put my degree yet I am still in my third year so I haven't actually got a confirmed grade yet? Do I just put N/A?
mbrean
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, I think it was yesterday.
The deadline is tomorrow at 12PM.
connorfrench96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mbrean)
Can someone help me? It's requiring me to put my degree yet I am still in my third year so I haven't actually got a confirmed grade yet? Do I just put N/A?
Predicted grade
mbrean
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Predicted grade
Thanks
xx1t35
Rep:
?
It's your expected grade. So the mark you got in your first and second year, that is your expected grade.
Sonia_3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xx1t35)
My mistake, I thought you said 'after the initial application' as I took my SJT test in my initial application. I found them pretty hard, around the same as the FS but it was a lot shorter, but something you can't really 'prepare' for so to say. I did a few practice tests and found they didnt really help because the questions were so different but if you're worried maybe its a good idea!
Ahh I see what you mean about the SJT being a part of the initial application now! I took a quick look at it a while back but didn’t realise the actual SJT was on the same page further down. Your reply makes much more sense now!
mbrean
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sonia_3)
Ahh I see what you mean about the SJT being a part of the initial application now! I took a quick look at it a while back but didn’t realise the actual SJT was on the same page further down. Your reply makes much more sense now!
I did this as well lol. It must of look like I spent a whole two days on the application
xx1t35
Rep:
?
I did this as well lol. It must of look like I spent a whole two days on the application
I’m pretty sure they didn’t time it at all this year!
I_need_a_job
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Has anyone heard back yet / Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back by?

I sent my application in about 2 weeks ago
Sonia_3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by I_need_a_job)
Has anyone heard back yet / Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back by?

I sent my application in about 2 weeks ago
According to the email we should hear back by the 18th
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Sonia_3)
According to the email we should hear back by the 18th
On the website, it does say that the next set of online tests will take place from the 14-21st of Nov, so we might hear back a little sooner.

Online numerical and verbal reasoning tests: 14 to 21 November, 2019
If you are shortlisted after the situational judgement test, you will be asked to complete a numerical reasoning test and verbal reasoning test. All of the tests can be completed online at a time of your choosing. You’ll have 7 days to complete the tests and the deadline will be stated in your test invitation email.
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Honestly, this is my first year applying for Grad Schemes and the waiting is genuinely awful.
mbrean
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Will we found out on the 14th?
Sonia_3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
On the website, it does say that the next set of online tests will take place from the 14-21st of Nov, so we might hear back a little sooner.

Online numerical and verbal reasoning tests: 14 to 21 November, 2019
If you are shortlisted after the situational judgement test, you will be asked to complete a numerical reasoning test and verbal reasoning test. All of the tests can be completed online at a time of your choosing. You’ll have 7 days to complete the tests and the deadline will be stated in your test invitation email.
Thought I saw the 14th mentioned somewhere. Maybe they’ll start emailing outcomes this week and be done by the 18th.
Honestly, this is my first year applying for Grad Schemes and the waiting is genuinely awful.
It is! I check my emails every hour or so :afraid:
xx1t35
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I agree! I’ve had no success lately I am very close to giving up! So much stress good luck though! Do you think you’ll apply again next year if you’ve not made it through? I don’t know if I should keep trying or accept I’m not made for the schemes lol :/
mbrean
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Anyone heard back yet? I've not heard anything and we were supposed to find out if we were through today!
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by xx1t35)
I agree! I’ve had no success lately I am very close to giving up! So much stress good luck though! Do you think you’ll apply again next year if you’ve not made it through? I don’t know if I should keep trying or accept I’m not made for the schemes lol :/
You too! Yes, I’m sure I’ll apply again. Lots of lessons learned this year.
connorfrench96
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Anyone heard back yet? I've not heard anything and we were supposed to find out if we were through today!
Well, there are two vague dates. On the website it says after the 14th and the email says before the 18th.
xx1t35
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Just received an email that I'm through to the online tests! So relieved I have not made it this far in any of my other apps! lol. Good luck to everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (84)
18.63%
Labour (188)
41.69%
Liberal Democrats (93)
20.62%
Green Party (33)
7.32%
Brexit Party (15)
3.33%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.33%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.11%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)