Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So basically I transferred from a university after first year as I wasn’t happy with my life living there and the university either. I’ve now transferred to a different university and absolutely hate going to uni, to the point where I will walk to university and turn straight back!
I’m second year now, so I really can’t be doing this, I love the city I’m in and have great people im living with but can’t see any hope making other friends?
So now I’m considering transferring to a university close to home which I feel would be better for me as I have heard quite good things about it. I would also have people to live with back there and would be a lot more relaxed. The university has a great reputation and I feel I would be able to achieve either a 1:1 or a 2:1, whereas at my current university I feel I would be lucky to get near a 2:1 as I’m not satisfied with the teaching or the course at all.
Would be a shame to leave my house as I like living here, but if I’m not motivated or interested in my university is there any point staying?
Just wondering if anyone has any advice?
Anonymous #1
Bump
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically I transferred from a university after first year as I wasn’t happy with my life living there and the university either. I’ve now transferred to a different university and absolutely hate going to uni, to the point where I will walk to university and turn straight back!
I’m second year now, so I really can’t be doing this, I love the city I’m in and have great people im living with but can’t see any hope making other friends?
So now I’m considering transferring to a university close to home which I feel would be better for me as I have heard quite good things about it. I would also have people to live with back there and would be a lot more relaxed. The university has a great reputation and I feel I would be able to achieve either a 1:1 or a 2:1, whereas at my current university I feel I would be lucky to get near a 2:1 as I’m not satisfied with the teaching or the course at all.
Would be a shame to leave my house as I like living here, but if I’m not motivated or interested in my university is there any point staying?
Just wondering if anyone has any advice?
So just to clarify, if you make the transfer, this will be the third university you've attended for the same course? Have you considered transferring to a different course at your current university?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
So just to clarify, if you make the transfer, this will be the third university you've attended for the same course? Have you considered transferring to a different course at your current university?
Hey, yeah it will be my third transfer, I didn’t not enjoy the course at my first uni, I actually quite enjoyed it but had other problems there. I can’t change course now anyway as I’m second year and I did enjoy the course at my previous university. I feel I should have just transferred to the uni closest to home rather than try another one further away again where I’m still not fully comfortable
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, yeah it will be my third transfer, I didn’t not enjoy the course at my first uni, I actually quite enjoyed it but had other problems there. I can’t change course now anyway as I’m second year and I did enjoy the course at my previous university. I feel I should have just transferred to the uni closest to home rather than try another one further away again where I’m still not fully comfortable
I think you need to sit down and really establish what your difficulties are, and what the best solutions are - make sure you're clear about why you want to transfer and what you want from your new university. After that, speak to your personal tutor, and contact your new university to make sure that they will accept you/have spaces. Obviously you'll also have to find a replacement tenant for your room, as you'll still still be liable for the rent until you do.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
I think you need to sit down and really establish what your difficulties are, and what the best solutions are - make sure you're clear about why you want to transfer and what you want from your new university. After that, speak to your personal tutor, and contact your new university to make sure that they will accept you/have spaces. Obviously you'll also have to find a replacement tenant for your room, as you'll still still be liaible for the rent until you do.
I think I will be happier transferring back home and will be able to focus more on university, so I thin I am going to transfer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.53%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed