What do you think of Meghan Markle? Watch

thelocalkid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
The media is attacking her so awful and degrading. I don't understand what she has done or fail. I'm guessing this something to do with race.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I really like her. I think she's very elegant and graceful. Her acting on Suits was also very good! :rambo:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yh, ppl are so mean to her
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't like her. although I think I should be over it by now.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thelocalkid)
The media is attacking her so awful and degrading. I don't understand what she has done or fail. I'm guessing this something to do with race.
It's not just race for people who don't like her. She's come across as a bit of a diva at times, and not sure whether she wants to be part of the Royal Family or a Hollywood A lister. The house renovations and then the babygate was handled badly, as was the Wimbledon incident. She hasn't helped herself a lot, and it's difficult to believe that she's not getting advice from courtiers about this, but has chosen to ignore it.

The optics are bad. I don't mind her one bit, as it happens, and I do think there's definitely been a witch hunt again her. And yes - some people are going to have an issue with her race. But despite all that, I can sort of see why she rubs people up the wrong way.
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She’s very.....meh.
ItalyGirl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think it is anything to do with race. She is very forthright and some people don't think that is a good trait to have. Lots of people want her to be more like Kate that is to say, show up, say not much and go home. Meghan seems to want to teach the Royal Family a thing or two and bring them up to date. The problem with that is they don't necessarily want to be changed. Those things have noting to do with her race or colour in my view.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
she's super sweet. people are jealous of her.
ساره
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Shes so beautiful and resillent
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Completely indifferent, never met her.
thelocalkid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
It's not just race for people who don't like her. She's come across as a bit of a diva at times, and not sure whether she wants to be part of the Royal Family or a Hollywood A lister. The house renovations and then the babygate was handled badly, as was the Wimbledon incident. She hasn't helped herself a lot, and it's difficult to believe that she's not getting advice from courtiers about this, but has chosen to ignore it.

The optics are bad. I don't mind her one bit, as it happens, and I do think there's definitely been a witch hunt again her. And yes - some people are going to have an issue with her race. But despite all that, I can sort of see why she rubs people up the wrong way.
I know, i understand some of her mistakes and believe me i see that too but she is just trying how things work here but, people are not giving her a chance at all. Many were angry even the day she got married to prince Harry.
SlightlySummer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I love her, she gets way too much hate
Last edited by SlightlySummer; 4 weeks ago
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She's acc a stunner inside and out
thelocalkid
Rep:
?
(Original post by ItalyGirl)
I don't think it is anything to do with race. She is very forthright and some people don't think that is a good trait to have. Lots of people want her to be more like Kate that is to say, show up, say not much and go home. Meghan seems to want to teach the Royal Family a thing or two and bring them up to date. The problem with that is they don't necessarily want to be changed. Those things have noting to do with her race or colour in my view.
Give me a break, i have seen so many people comments on the day she got married to prince Harry. Don't try to say it's nothing to do with her race.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She’s cute in suits.
harleyh4
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So many people attack her for things she's done that Kate has also done (and didn't get any/barely any backlash for). 100% to do with race with people who complain about those things. Overall I'm glad she's part of the royal family
thelocalkid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
I don't like her. although I think I should be over it by now.
There's no law that says you have to like someone. You just have to give the respect.
Last edited by thelocalkid; 4 weeks ago
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know, i understand some of her mistakes and believe me i see that too but she is just trying how things work here but, people are not giving her a chance at all. Many were angry even the day she got married to prince Harry.
Yes, I agree with you. I think for some people, she'll never be good enough. You know what some people can be like.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
She's come across as a bit of a diva at times, and not sure whether she wants to be part of the Royal Family or a Hollywood A lister.
Why can't she be both? Are the royal family not allowed to be successful in their own right or do they have to be bumbling under-achievers wheeled out for special occasions?

I don't know why there is so much vitriol for the royals. On average they bring so much more money into the country than we spend on them and I can't imagine a worse life than being constantly watched and judged so I don't know why anyone should be envious of their lives.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Why can't she be both?
Because a Hollywood A lister is "All About Me". A member of the Royal Family is "All About Everything Other Than Me".

They're contradictions in terms.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%