My only close friend is leaving school -what do I do? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I found out today and I'm depressed... everyone I like just leaves me... Any advice on how to cope? I feel like crying
The Wise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I found out today and I'm depressed... everyone I like just leaves me... Any advice on how to cope? I feel like crying
Hey there. I'm not gonna sugar coat it... loneliness is the worst. However, once you figure out how to deal with it, you become stronger than everyone. Human being's honour comes from their independence from people. Yes, I guess we have been wired to form relationships and theres nothing wrong with that but if that becomes what you are living for then there's a problem. You need to be able to find balance as in be just as happy away from people than you are with them. Once you no longer rely on others, nothing can stop you. Like I said it is a difficult task one I am personally still struggling to do. But once I realised the problem I have become much happier than I ever was. This is a part of growing up. Luckily with the internet, you will always be able to keep in touch with your close friend and if they are a true friend then they will always be there even when they aren't. The understanding of that sentence only comes with experience but do not worry. This problem will pass. Any difficulty you face will pass. It's all temporary. Focus on what really matters in life. Live in the moment. Do the best you can now. Don't waste opportunities. Live freely.
I hope this helped somewhat but please don't worry too much... if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here.
msmiawallace
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
1) Them leaving doesn’t mean you can’t stay in touch.
2) Them moving is no reflection on you.
3) People aren’t leaving YOU, their lives are just changing and (I know this is characteristic of depression/anxiety/low self-esteem but) its really self-important to think that other people should structure their lives around your needs.
4) Counselling is free and accessible through schools/colleges/Mind/your GP. Good luck.
Last edited by msmiawallace; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.1%
Labour (323)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (154)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.4%
Brexit Party (21)
2.77%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)