Are these positive or negative signs with this girl? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There's this girl who works in the same building as me who I've been into for about a month or so. She's really nice, whenever we see each other she, at the very least, simply flashes me a pleasant grin, and sometimes she strikes up a conversation with me, asking how I am. When there's a moment of silence when we're around each other, she usually makes small talk with me, over the most mundane of subjects. She always makes eye contact when I speak to her, and she usually smiles. Generally she seems pleased to see me.

But then one day she'll do her thing of striking up a conversation with me and stick around for however long the conversation lasts, the next she'll simply say hello and smile and rush off in a hurry. I wouldn't call her "shy" because as I say, she strikes up conversations with me but her temperament and general demeanour isn't of someone who is the life and soul of the party. She's never done the "touching me on the arm" thing either. She doesn't always laugh at my humourous comments either, she'll just smile at them.

Also I worry I'm giving her too much attention and she'll find me creepy and clingy and needy.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
From the information given here, I'd say that she seems amiable. That being said, I could be wrong. She may be slightly interested, but I find it more likely that she's just friendly.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
From the information given here, I'd say that she seems amiable. That being said, I could be wrong. She may be slightly interested, but I find it more likely that she's just friendly.
How would I be able to tell whether she's interested or just being friendly?
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
I personally think you should talk to her so that she isn't always starting the convos
Anonymous #1
I personally think you should talk to her so that she isn't always starting the convos
Oh yeah, I do, and she's always responsive and doesn't just give me one word answers. Even if make a conversation about something mundane like the weather she replies enthusiastically.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh yeah, I do, and she's always responsive and doesn't just give me one word answers. Even if make a conversation about something mundane like the weather she replies enthusiastically.
Maybe instead of talking about the weather, organise something for you and her to do, like a quick lunch or some other thing. And if you aren't that confident in thinking that she likes you then ask her opinion of you organising an even for the office, especially as it is near Halloween.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (263)
54.23%
18-20 years old (no) (63)
12.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (82)
16.91%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.86%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.15%