Cstubbings
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I really want to study finance at uni and become a financial analyst but I didn’t take a level maths as it was not available to me. I achieved an A in maths at GCSE and have a maths related EPQ alongside economics a-level , does anybody know good uni’s with finance / accounting courses that do not require a level maths
lcrabt21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should be ok as long as your economics grades are good. If I were you I’d have a google about some of the finance courses in universities you know about and see what it comes up with. As you got an A at GCSE most unis will (in my opinion) likely accept that alongside economics. You could also check out the league tables for the top unis for finance and see what they require or checkout the UCAS website
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why couldn’t you take a level maths? Seems very weird to me if a college would be able to provide it. Did you not have the option to study at a different institution were maths was offered?
Cstubbings
Rep:
?
(Original post by lcrabt21)
You should be ok as long as your economics grades are good. If I were you I’d have a google about some of the finance courses in universities you know about and see what it comes up with. As you got an A at GCSE most unis will (in my opinion) likely accept that alongside economics. You could also check out the league tables for the top unis for finance and see what they require or checkout the UCAS website
Thank you , I will
Cstubbings
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Why couldn’t you take a level maths? Seems very weird to me if a college would be able to provide it. Did you not have the option to study at a different institution were maths was offered?
A level maths was only eligible for student who were predicted the grade , these students had to then attend mandatory classes for the course , as I was not predicted the grade I was not allowed to attend the classes which meant I was not able to choose maths
lcrabt21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cstubbings)
Thank you , I will
Let me know how it goes for you! I’m only assuming the maths will be ok but don’t take my word for it. I’m just making the decision based on the course I want to do (Psychology) which one Russel Groups will accept you without A level maths if you got a 7 or above (or A-A*)
Cstubbings
Rep:
?
Let me know how it goes for you! I’m only assuming the maths will be ok but don’t take my word for it. I’m just making the decision based on the course I want to do (Psychology) which one Russel Groups will accept you without A level maths if you got a 7 or above (or A-A*)
I have researched some courses LSE doesn’t require it for a finance and accounting course however Warwick do. Warwick , however , does offer a good management course with a finance aspect
lcrabt21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cstubbings)
I have researched some courses LSE doesn’t require it for a finance and accounting course however Warwick do. Warwick , however , does offer a good management course with a finance aspect
That’s good! And do remember, you don’t need to go to a Russel group, or necessarily a top university, so there will definitely be at least a few courses out there for you!
Cstubbings
Rep:
?
That’s good! And do remember, you don’t need to go to a Russel group, or necessarily a top university, so there will definitely be at least a few courses out there for you!
Thanks for all your support!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.1%
Labour (323)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (154)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.4%
Brexit Party (21)
2.77%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)