Mental Health and University applications Watch

strange.dreams
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I did my AS exams earlier this year and I didn’t do very well, I passed but not with the grades I wanted, mostly as a result of my mental health. I’ve really struggled with anxiety for the past few years but I recently decided to go to a doctor and get the help I need.

I’m currently in the process of choosing which universities I’d like to apply to but I’m worried that even though my predicted grades are high enough, I won’t be able to get in. I’m resitting a few of my exams to increase my grades and I’m going to speak to my doctor about getting a note/letter regarding my mental health (as per the advice of admissions staff at one of the unis I’m applying to). I’m just wondering if anyone else has had to do this and if so what was the outcome?

Any replies would really help!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Speak to your referee too. If they explain in your reference why they’re confident that you’ll meet your predictions now that you’re getting treatment then that will help your application.

Most courses make offers to nearly all applicants. Have you looked at the offer rates for your choices on which? University?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (33)
19.19%
Labour (69)
40.12%
Liberal Democrats (35)
20.35%
Green Party (7)
4.07%
Brexit Party (4)
2.33%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
2.33%
Plaid Cymru (4)
2.33%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)