Don’t know what to do with myself at the weekend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I started uni about 4 weeks ago and I find that I’m pretty busy during the week but I just don’t know what to do with myself at the weekend. The girls I’m closest to in my flat have all gone home this weekend which makes it even worse, I do talk to the guys in my flat but they’re all going out with their mates who I don’t know that well. I just feel like I’m gonna spend the whole weekend in bed doing work wishing I was at home. I haven’t managed to make many friends outside my flat either so feeling very lonely what does everyone else do at the weekend?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I started uni about 4 weeks ago and I find that I’m pretty busy during the week but I just don’t know what to do with myself at the weekend. The girls I’m closest to in my flat have all gone home this weekend which makes it even worse, I do talk to the guys in my flat but they’re all going out with their mates who I don’t know that well. I just feel like I’m gonna spend the whole weekend in bed doing work wishing I was at home. I haven’t managed to make many friends outside my flat either so feeling very lonely what does everyone else do at the weekend?
When I would have weekends alone, I would explore the local area, go shopping/do chores, work on assignments...

Have you tried joining any local groups or societies (I mean ones not necessarily associated with your university) to wider your friendship pool?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I work on Saturdays, and then on Sundays that's my day to do the cleaning, laundry etc. Get a part-time job
pivotalmoment
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! Guilty as charged i do like going home at the weekend. However, that's not always feasible so! When I'm not there, I do life admin like laundry, cleaning. Have a lie in, do any leftover work from your course. If you're in a city, go out and have a little walk around, shopping if you need to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.1%
Labour (323)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (154)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.4%
Brexit Party (21)
2.77%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)