Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Basically there are literally only like one or two articles for each subheading of my dissertation because it’s not really researched into. When I told my supervisor she said that should be fine and I can say i my discussion this topic needs more research. But if I take ideas basically one article for a whole paragraph will that not be plagerism? When I went back to ask my supervisor she goes “ why are you back” and “what is your problem with plagerism”, I have a new topic I really want to do but I don’t think she will let me, i think she is just too lazy to change the title and I’m scared to tell her? Help
P.s I know I put a similar forum up this Morning , but I accidentally put it in everyday issues rather then uni life, to get advice from actual students
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically there are literally only like one or two articles for each subheading of my dissertation because it’s not really researched into. When I told my supervisor she said that should be fine and I can say i my discussion this topic needs more research. But if I take ideas basically one article for a whole paragraph will that not be plagerism? When I went back to ask my supervisor she goes “ why are you back” and “what is your problem with plagerism”, I have a new topic I really want to do but I don’t think she will let me, i think she is just too lazy to change the title and I’m scared to tell her? Help
P.s I know I put a similar forum up this Morning , but I accidentally put it in everyday issues rather then uni life, to get advice from actual students
You have two options. Option 1 is to continue with the topic you have and continue to try and find relevant literature (and perhaps visit study skills to clarify what is and isn't plagiarism). Option 2 is to speak to your supervisor about your idea. I think in one of your previous threads you mentioned that you are on week 4 of 12 of your dissertation writing? You're a third of the way in, so you really need to think carefully about whether it's advisable to switch at this stage (if you're allowed to that is).
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You need to review each paper, say what's wrong with their methods, how it can be improved on, what it points towards, talk about the research gap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
18.47%
Labour (103)
41.37%
Liberal Democrats (50)
20.08%
Green Party (15)
6.02%
Brexit Party (7)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
2.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)