embarrassing question please help advice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
delete rather than de-anon please.

ok so i'm going on holiday tomorrow with friends to spain and i have a pretty big brown birthmark on the back of my left thigh. Its probably around 8cm in length and 4cm wide. I've got some camouflage make up to cover it up with and it works well normally but tends to wear off a little when in water so my question is what should i do when going to the beach in the day. Should i wear it or not? Because i'm going to be embarrassed/paranoid if i dont wear it but at the same time im going to be paranoid still if i do wear it and potentially more embarrassed if it does wear off.

advice?
ninety_nine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd imagine it's more embarrasing if it comes off in the water. I'd just show it, everyone's got birth marks. It's nothing to be particulary embarassed about, even if yours is quite large.
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why hide it?! it's just a birthmark! If people ask just say "oh that's my supercool birthmark". It's not something to be embarrassed about.
m4n0ran
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can't you get it removed? I know this girl from my school who got one on her neck taken off, don't know how tho.

Oh, and I doubt anyone is gonna care.
Yasmin2K8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree with the above no ones going to say anything.
But if you seriously dont want anyone to see it, then your just going to have to wear shorts and sacrifice the bikini bottoms.
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of my friends - jokingly I hope - believed that birth marks were how you died in a previous life, shot, stabbed, whatever in that area. Don't hide the mark, and bring up that story - there can be endless discussion of how you died to get that mark.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
well i could but due to the size and pigmentation i can't get it lazered and would have to get it cut out and then another bit of skin from somewhere else on my body put there. So i'd end up with a scar outlining where it used to be. I want to get this done because i think the scar would be easier to cover up and less noticeable than the origional birthmark but i havent got round to it yet, and my mum is pretty against it
jessiainscough
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
One of my friends - jokingly I hope - believed that birth marks were how you died in a previous life, shot, stabbed, whatever in that area. Don't hide the mark, and bring up that story - there can be endless discussion of how you died to get that mark.
LOL! I've got a tiny circular birthmark on my foot - wonder how that happenned...
lazza
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have a birthmark on my skull apparently....
Vampyrcorn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jessiainscough)
LOL! I've got a tiny circular birthmark on my foot - wonder how that happenned...
Achilles heel :eek: :eek: :eek:
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't be embarassed about it, embrace your birthmarks! It makes you beautiful and unique.
Be proud of it - if your friends take the mick then they're not really good friends are they?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Don't de-anon please.

You're being unreasonable. It's a birth mark. I've got several more scars (bigger than yours) on my body and I'm out sunbathing in my bikini at the beach every day. No one cares about birthmarks. A lot of people have them and it's nothing to be embarrassed about, people probably won't even look twice once they see it since it's just a birthmark, nothing more. A scar/other type of mark on the body creates curiosity of how you got it but everyone knows what a birthmark is and that there's no story behind it. Go have fun and stop being silly...
xDestinyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You shouldn't be embarassed of your birth mark, it is only a birthmark after all!
Many people have them and I doubt anyone would care that you have one to be honest
Beckiemort
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have one very similar on my shoulder. I have found that people will comment on it but it is never a big deal. Mostly it is a question of how did you get that? (because it looks like a really bad tan).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads