British Council Language Assistants 2020/21 Watch

ishlee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey everyone, just thought I'd start a new thread for anyone thinking of applying for the BC Language Assistantships in 2020/21!

I'm definitely going to apply for Spain as I'm currently doing a TEFL course in Barcelona and it's amazing. Would love to hear from anyone else going for Spain (or anywhere, tbh!)

Good luck with applications - think they open soonish...
Vexper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I remember applying for this and putting a insane amount of effort into my application many years ago and they declined my application because my reference sat on her arse and didn't respond to any of the reference requests to support my application. I contacted them saying I have another reference I can use (they didn't tell me she wasn't responding) but they said it's too late. I went through an entire complaint process with them and so many failures were not addressed, I was absolutely fuming.

The process is genuinely dog**** and I will never apply again. Sorry to put a downer on your thread!
lauren.mckissock
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ishlee)
Hey everyone, just thought I'd start a new thread for anyone thinking of applying for the BC Language Assistantships in 2020/21!

I'm definitely going to apply for Spain as I'm currently doing a TEFL course in Barcelona and it's amazing. Would love to hear from anyone else going for Spain (or anywhere, tbh!)

Good luck with applications - think they open soonish...
Hola!!

I'm going to be applying as part of a compulsory year abroad with my degree. We had a meeting this past week and were told they were opening applications on the 21st October. Will be applying for Spain too!! What regions are you thinking about choosing?
ishlee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
I remember applying for this and putting a insane amount of effort into my application many years ago and they declined my application because my reference sat on her arse and didn't respond to any of the reference requests to support my application. I contacted them saying I have another reference I can use (they didn't tell me she wasn't responding) but they said it's too late. I went through an entire complaint process with them and so many failures were not addressed, I was absolutely fuming.

The process is genuinely dog**** and I will never apply again. Sorry to put a downer on your thread!
Sorry to hear about your experience! Will keep this in mind - thanks for the info and it wasn’t a downer, more a heads up
ishlee
Rep:
?
(Original post by lauren.mckissock)
Hola!!

I'm going to be applying as part of a compulsory year abroad with my degree. We had a meeting this past week and were told they were opening applications on the 21st October. Will be applying for Spain too!! What regions are you thinking about choosing?
¡Hola! Oh class, totally wish I’d done joint Spanish for my degree (I’m applying as a graduate)! And that’s pretty soon - thanks for letting me know

Currently I’m definitely going for the Balearics, but I’m torn between Cataluña, València, Asturias and Galicia for my other options...need to do more research really! Where are you thinking?
lauren.mckissock
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ishlee)
¡Hola! Oh class, totally wish I’d done joint Spanish for my degree (I’m applying as a graduate)! And that’s pretty soon - thanks for letting me know

Currently I’m definitely going for the Balearics, but I’m torn between Cataluña, València, Asturias and Galicia for my other options...need to do more research really! Where are you thinking?
It's a joint degree with French & Professional Education. I know more French but I'm enjoying Spanish so much more

I know that I want to go to mainland Spain as I have family who struggle to travel so it makes it easier for them if they'd like to come out. I'm thinking Murcia for my first choice. My other choices I'm torn too:
Group A: Asturias, Navarra or Extremadura
Group B: Galicia or Castilla-la Mancha
I'd love to choose Cataluña but with studying two languages already - throwing Catalan into the mix might confuse me even more! :confused:
bex285
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Another Spain applicant here! :dance:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (33)
19.19%
Labour (69)
40.12%
Liberal Democrats (35)
20.35%
Green Party (7)
4.07%
Brexit Party (4)
2.33%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
2.33%
Plaid Cymru (4)
2.33%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)