The Student Room Group

Help please

hello, I'm in year 11 and currently feel stressed as im not revising. I want to start revising this half term, however, I get distracted by listening to music and notifications on my mac. but I need my mac to revise. any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

You don't *need* to revise that much this early. Relax a little. It still helps to review notes and answer questions though. Is there a button to switch off notifications? Can you find some music to help you study, perhaps? There's plenty of Youtube playlists dedicated to that (I think)
Original post by 0114x
hello, I'm in year 11 and currently feel stressed as im not revising. I want to start revising this half term, however, I get distracted by listening to music and notifications on my mac. but I need my mac to revise. any ideas?

Try and eliminate distractions—switch pop music for classical. If you get distracted when on your laptop, try doing more old fashioned revision e.g. use textbooks, revision guides or print out past papers. Otherwise, maybe delete some apps on your Mac. Or, alternatively you could block your revision by deciding what tasks to do—this way, even if you get a bit distracted you know by the end of the day you have to have done a set number of tasks. For me, timetabling revision around tasks to do rather than hours spent studying was most effective.
Thank you for your recommendation 😊
Reply 4
Trust me cgp revision guides for sciences and loads of past papers (especially for maths) are acc lifesavers. I used to get distracted quite a lot aswell and left revision up until the last month, for some subjects even starting proper revision a week before. But I basically only revised from the cgp revision guides for sciences and doing every past paper and grade 9 questions for maths and ended up getting great results in my GCSEs last yr
Thank you!😊
Honestly this was me last year and please don’t worry! You actually have way longer than you think so tbh unless you’re really struggling with anything particular you probably don’t *need* to start much revision yet. I’d recommend starting going through practice questions - this was by far and away the biggest help for me, but nothing too serious. If anything the people I know that started intense revision this early ended up really burnt out and stressed by March ish.
Original post by Bella.tigerlily
Honestly this was me last year and please don’t worry! You actually have way longer than you think so tbh unless you’re really struggling with anything particular you probably don’t *need* to start much revision yet. I’d recommend starting going through practice questions - this was by far and away the biggest help for me, but nothing too serious. If anything the people I know that started intense revision this early ended up really burnt out and stressed by March ish.

Thanks!!
try downloading the forest app. it's an app that is made to keep you productive by making you plant a tree in the 'forest' and watch it gradually grow. if you leave the app and get distracted by something else the plant immediately dies. another tip would be treating yourself to something after a while of solid revision without being distracted.
Original post by mxhnoor.v
try downloading the forest app. it's an app that is made to keep you productive by making you plant a tree in the 'forest' and watch it gradually grow. if you leave the app and get distracted by something else the plant immediately dies. another tip would be treating yourself to something after a while of solid revision without being distracted.

Thanks
Original post by 0114x

print out all the resources u need. n put ur mac away.

Quick Reply

Latest