Opinions on BREXIT and current status?? Watch

YOLOYOLO2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What are your opinions on this particular situation? Are you for or against it? What do you think will happen in parliament tommorrow? I'm just curious lol Personally I'd wanna remain but that just my opinion!
Kermit005
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think we just need to have a second referendum, but with a KEY DIFFERENCE. You can vote for Deal or No Deal.
bloomer36
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Looks like things are going well
YOLOYOLO2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kermit005)
I think we just need to have a second referendum, but with a KEY DIFFERENCE. You can vote for Deal or No Deal.
Fair enough, I agree!
YOLOYOLO2
Rep:
?
(Original post by bloomer36)
Looks like things are going well
Kermit005
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YOLOYOLO2)
Fair enough, I agree!
Yeah, it isn't gonna ever happen though all they care about in Parliament is their own agendas, they don't want to have the public telling them what to do... smh
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think we should have a second referendum with three options. Leave with a deal, leave without a deal and remain.
YOLOYOLO2
Rep:
?
(Original post by S1elyak1)
I think we should have a second referendum with three options. Leave with a deal, leave without a deal and remain.
Yes I 100% agree!
Kermit005
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With all due respect the public had their say in 2016 on remain and leave, its simply undemocratic to give that option to vote remain again. I still believe though that if that option was on the ballot we'd still be leaving...
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With all due respect the public had their say in 2016 on remain and leave, its simply undemocratic to give that option to vote remain again. I still believe though that if that option was on the ballot we'd still be leaving...
And both sides lied far too much. There needs to be something in place to try and prevent this as much as possible.
daveymcloughlin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can’t wait for it. 31st can’t come soon enough
Kermit005
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by daveymcloughlin)
Can’t wait for it. 31st can’t come soon enough
If we don't leave on the 31st October 2019 at 23:00 BST I am expecting full out rioting, the parliament will have failed completely at that point, we will start again. The rioters will clash with the Extinction Rebellion lot as they will be lingering about as well, London will just be full out hell. Also I find it really bad that we are leaving 23:00 BST because that shows we are leaving on the EU new day not the UK new day. We should be leaving on our new day time not allowing the EU to dictate, after all this is Britain's exit. Or at least we could have negotiated something in the deal if they really wanted us to leave on their time.
JanusGodofDoors
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tie this deal to a referendum. Put it to the public to simply confirm that a majority of the British people still supports Brexit. This time, be clear on what the result means, encourage vigorous fact checking of both sides, and have some attempt to have civil debates, rather than have angry bitter leavers and angry bitter remainers blaming each other and yelling on TV. We need to be sure that a geopolitical event of this magnitude has the continued support of the country.
Kitten in boots
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If we don't leave on the 31st October 2019 at 23:00 BST I am expecting full out rioting
Brexit supporters showing their commitment to Britain by smashing the place up? Such patriots.
YOLOYOLO2
Rep:
?
Whilst I'd like to remain, I also think having a second Brexit referendum would be undemocrati. Having said that, I think people have gained a better perception/ideology of Brexit and may have changed their minds... It's a tough one!
YOLOYOLO2
Rep:
?
And both sides lied far too much. There needs to be something in place to try and prevent this as much as possible.
100%
DraconisAudiat
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And both sides lied far too much.
Can you name one lie from the Remain side?
There are some economic predictions on inflation or details of how bad Leaving the EU would be that haven't been quite as bad as predicted because A) We haven't left yet and B) People have taken measures to prevent things being quite that bad. But I don't think anyone actually lied from the Remain side during the referendum,
Certainly nothing on the scale of the bus, Boris saying there's no press present WHILE ON CAMERA or the dozens of quotes from Leave MPs saying "We'll do deals in Germany the day after the vote." or "There will be no downsides only lots of upsides".

The last three years have shown there is no reason to leave the EU, no one can name a single benefit from it and you'd think if it was worth everything we'd be giving up then there'd be loads of examples of benefits.
The only theoretical benefit is the right to start a years long process of negotiating trade deals with the other side of the world that in theory might be better tax rates than the rates we're using currently, but they almost certainly won't be because we'll be in a major recession and desperate for any deal we can get. Hurrah, definitely worth the food/drug/fuel shortages for that one!
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is a great deal.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why would you vote no deal? The deal is merely a stepping stone towards establishing a more permanent trade deal.

Think of it as moving into rented accommodation whilst you knock your house down with a view to building a new mansion.

No deal is like knocking your house down and then suddenly realising you are homeless. You may be frer, but what is freedom if you have nowhere to live?
YOLOYOLO2
Rep:
?
322 -306 votes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (133)
54.29%
18-20 years old (no) (29)
11.84%
20-25 years old (yes) (38)
15.51%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.63%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.35%