Opinions on BREXIT and current status?? Watch

YOLOYOLO2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It seems that Boris will go against the supposable to ensure we leave at the end of October? Is that even possible??
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YOLOYOLO2)
It seems that Boris will go against the supposable to ensure we leave at the end of October? Is that even possible??
Possible, yes.
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If he can find some sort of loophole, I guess 🤷🏾*♀️
YOLOYOLO2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
If he can find some sort of loophole, I guess 🤷🏾*♀️
wow
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kermit005)
With all due respect the public had their say in 2016 on remain and leave, its simply undemocratic to give that option to vote remain again. I still believe though that if that option was on the ballot we'd still be leaving...
Quote from Tory MP and Minister for Brexit...

"If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy".

So basically you are saying that giving the public a vote on the actual outcome of Brexit (which was not mentioned in the 2016 referendum), after 3 years of negotiation and revelation, would be "undemocratic".
Care to explain why?
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by S1elyak1)
And both sides lied far too much. There needs to be something in place to try and prevent this as much as possible.
This is a myth put out by Brexiteers.
The Remain campaign did not lie. No one has yet been able to show me a Remain campaign policy statement that was known to be untrue.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by daveymcloughlin)
Can’t wait for it. 31st can’t come soon enough
Looking forward to trick or treating are we?
daveymcloughlin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Looking forward to trick or treating are we?
Looking forward to getting back control of our laws
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If we don't leave on the 31st October 2019 at 23:00 BST I am expecting full out rioting,
Won't happen. Leavers are mostly elderly gammons. Remember the pro-Brexit marches have only had a few hundred people. The one in Manchester was described as 'quite embarrassing really' in one paper.

the parliament will have failed completely at that point, we will start again.
Parliament has effectively done its job of acting in the best interests of the country.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Whilst I'd like to remain, I also think having a second Brexit referendum would be undemocrati. Having said that, I think people have gained a better perception/ideology of Brexit and may have changed their minds... It's a tough one!
Not really. Once this current deal has been through proper scrutiny and been approved (which it probably will be), another referendum with This Deal or Remain as the options.
Every campaign advert has to be fact-checked before publication. Properly moderated, prime-time TV debate.
Cant see how anyone could object.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which laws that have been imposed on the UK parliament by the EU do you most object to? Be specific.
Sam1999__
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think we just need to have a second referendum, but with a KEY DIFFERENCE. You can vote for Deal or No Deal.
Completely agree. Remain shouldn't be an option on the ballot as we already voted on that. If there is a second referendum and remain won, perhaps we should campaign for a third referendum, even a fourth or a fifth. The hypocrisy of remoaners is just mindblowing
Sam1999__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Which laws that have been imposed on the UK parliament by the EU do you most object to? Be specific.
That's completely irrelevant, many people know that the EU imposes laws on the UK without knowing those specifically what those laws are. The specifics are beside the point, people object to the principle of a foreign parliament interfering with our internal affairs, the laws themselves aren't necessarily the issue. There are many people, myself included within Britain who are very proud of our nation and allowing the EU to tell us what laws we should have is completely unacceptable. A nation does not have decisions made for them overseas. It doesn't help that the EU is a German dominated organisation, as a patriot and a proud British citizen it is completely against my being to accept a diktat from a German dominated Union when we fought two world wars against them within the last century to prevent that from happening.
Sam1999__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JanusGodofDoors)
Tie this deal to a referendum. Put it to the public to simply confirm that a majority of the British people still supports Brexit. This time, be clear on what the result means, encourage vigorous fact checking of both sides, and have some attempt to have civil debates, rather than have angry bitter leavers and angry bitter remainers blaming each other and yelling on TV. We need to be sure that a geopolitical event of this magnitude has the continued support of the country.
The scare mongering and dragging out of the process may have swayed minds by now. If we had of just left after voting then things would have been much better, its all a plot by the establishment to drag things out so long, all while bombarding us with scaremongering through the news to change peoples minds. The fundamental reasons for Brexit haven't changed at all, the only reason Brexiteers may switch to remain is purely because the process has become so long and agonizing that they've had enough. I say this as an ardent Brexiteer who is drifting over to remain slowly but surely, not because I've changed my mind on the issue but because our politicians have proved to be too incompetent to deliver Brexit, there is no trust anymore between the electorate and those in power and the futility of the process is becoming apparent.

Brexit was a vote between globalism or nation states. The people chose to be a nation, not a part of a multinational organisation (the EU). England overwhelmingly voted to leave, Scotland were more pro EU because they don't particularly like being in the UK anyway so national sovereignty didn't resonate as strongly there
Last edited by Sam1999__; 4 weeks ago
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Since when did you have control of our laws?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sam1999__)
That's completely irrelevant, many people know that the EU imposes laws on the UK without knowing those specifically what those laws are. The specifics are beside the point, people object to the principle of a foreign parliament interfering with our internal affairs, the laws themselves aren't necessarily the issue. There are many people, myself included within Britain who are very proud of our nation and allowing the EU to tell us what laws we should have is completely unacceptable. A nation does not have decisions made for them overseas. It doesn't help that the EU is a German dominated organisation, as a patriot and a proud British citizen it is completely against my being to accept a diktat from a German dominated Union when we fought two world wars against them within the last century to prevent that from happening.
So do you object to:
Clean beaches?
Abolishing mobile phone roaming charges?
Compensation if your flight is delayed?
Human rights?
The ability to buy and sell anywhere in the EU at no extra cost?
The right to travel anywhere in the EU without any checks?

Its all pretty represive stuff if you ask me.

And ironically, much of this was proposed by the British government and imposed on the EU.
Last edited by ByEeek; 4 weeks ago
Sam1999__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
So do you object to:
Clean beaches?
Abolishing mobile phone roaming charges?
Compensation if your flight is delayed?
Human rights?
The ability to buy and sell anywhere in the EU at no extra cost?
The right to travel anywhere in the EU without any checks?

Its all pretty represive stuff if you ask me.

And ironically, much of this was proposed by the British government and imposed on the EU.
I already made it clear, it is not a case of objecting to the laws, it is objecting to the fact that they come from the EU, we are perfectly capable of making our own laws. I wasn't aware that those laws were proposed by the British government but it just goes to show that once we leave the EU we will be perfectly fine with our own laws. The EU has no legitimacy in British territory, we are a nation, not a European state. Once we leave we will finally be free of EU interference within British lands
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sam1999__)
The scare mongering and dragging out of the process may have swayed minds by now. If we had of just left after voting then things would have been much better, its all a plot by the establishment to drag things out so long, all while bombarding us with scaremongering through the news to change peoples minds. The fundamental reasons for Brexit haven't changed at all, the only reason Brexiteers may switch to remain is purely because the process has become so long and agonizing that they've had enough. I say this as an ardent Brexiteer who is drifting over to remain slowly but surely, not because I've changed my mind on the issue but because our politicians have proved to be too incompetent to deliver Brexit, there is no trust anymore between the electorate and those in power and the futility of the process is becoming apparent.

Brexit was a vote between globalism or nation states. The people chose to be a nation, not a part of a multinational organisation (the EU). England overwhelmingly voted to leave, Scotland were more pro EU because they don't particularly like being in the UK anyway so national sovereignty didn't resonate as strongly there
Don't remember that one being highlighted during the campaigns . Of course not the first time someone has taken a futile individual stand against the inevitable, it has already been tried by Canute.

I hate to break it to you that the EU is some ways is a protective wrapper limiting the impact of globalism, it may not appear that way to you now but it certainly will if the wrapper gets removed.

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone"
Sam1999__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Since when did you have control of our laws?
Personally never, but having our elected British representatives controlling our laws is how it should be. As a British citizen living in British territory, the only law making authority that should have any legitimacy to govern me within British lands is the British government. The EU has no legitimacy at all and absolutely no right to interfere in the laws of a nation state. The British government is elected by the British people and makes laws on behalf of the British people. The EU is not a British institution and is not accountable to the British people, why should even one of our laws come from Brussels? Brussels is in Belgium, the last time I checked this was The United Kingdom, a separate entity from Belgium
Last edited by Sam1999__; 4 weeks ago
Sam1999__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DJKL)
Don't remember that one being highlighted during the campaigns . Of course not the first time someone has taken a futile individual stand against the inevitable, it has already been tried by Canute.

I hate to break it to you that the EU is some ways is a protective wrapper limiting the impact of globalism, it may not appear that way to you now but it certainly will if the wrapper gets removed.

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone"
It wasn't highlighted in the campaign, but that was the movement behind it. It is the same movement that put Trump in power and nearly saw Marine Le Pen elected in France. People don't want to live in organisations like the EU, increasingly people are standing up and saying they want to live in nation states and we never asked for political union with Europe. We asked for a trade deal, all the political stuff was unwanted and was brought in via stealth and deception
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (12)
27.91%
Spring (7)
16.28%
Autumn/Fall (12)
27.91%
Winter (8)
18.6%
I love them all equally (4)
9.3%