Opinions on BREXIT and current status?? Watch

QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sam1999__)
That's completely irrelevant, many people know that the EU imposes laws on the UK without knowing those specifically what those laws are. The specifics are beside the point, people object to the principle of a foreign parliament interfering with our internal affairs, the laws themselves aren't necessarily the issue. There are many people, myself included within Britain who are very proud of our nation and allowing the EU to tell us what laws we should have is completely unacceptable. A nation does not have decisions made for them overseas. It doesn't help that the EU is a German dominated organisation, as a patriot and a proud British citizen it is completely against my being to accept a diktat from a German dominated Union when
So you can't name any laws that have been imposed on the UK parliament by the EU.
Don't worry, most Leave voters can't. That's because you didn't vote Leave because of these "laws". It was because of immigration.

we fought two world wars against them
Don't forget the "And One World Cup".
BrIAN™
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If there is a second referendum and remain won, perhaps we should campaign for a third referendum
If the Remain camp then split into factions that couldn't decide how to not leave the EU, arguing for different types of EU membership that were not campaigned for or mentioned in the ballot, resulting in an impasse - then yes. Why ever not?

, The inability of Leavers to understand basic concepts is just mindblowing
There, fixed that for ya.
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
So you can't name any laws that have been imposed on the UK parliament by the EU.
Don't worry, most Leave voters can't. That's because you didn't vote Leave because of these "laws". It was because of immigration.

BrIAN™
I'm BrIAN.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)

BrIAN™
And so's my wife.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
So do you object to:
Clean beaches?
Abolishing mobile phone roaming charges?
Compensation if your flight is delayed?
Human rights?
The ability to buy and sell anywhere in the EU at no extra cost?
The right to travel anywhere in the EU without any checks?

Its all pretty represive stuff if you ask me.

And ironically, much of this was proposed by the British government and imposed on the EU.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I already made it clear, it is not a case of objecting to the laws, it is objecting to the fact that they come from the EU, we are perfectly capable of making our own laws.
You do realise that every single law on the UK statute books has been proposed, debated and passed in the UK parliament in Westminster?
Someone's been telling you porkies.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It wasn't highlighted in the campaign, but that was the movement behind it. It is the same movement that put Trump in power and nearly saw Marine Le Pen elected in France. People don't want to live in organisations like the EU, increasingly people are standing up and saying they want to live in nation states and we never asked for political union with Europe. We asked for a trade deal, all the political stuff was unwanted and was brought in via stealth and deception
I'm detecting a pattern emerging here...
Sam1999: *Rant about something the EU does*
Normal person: That's not the EU
Sam: That's not the point. *Another rant about something the EU does*
Normal person: Erm, that's not the EU
Sam: That's not the point, etc...

BrIAN™
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
I'm BrIAN.
Yes. Yes you are.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And so's my wife.
Very probably.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Very probably.
I'm assuming humour isn't your strong point.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Very probably.
https://youtu.be/4SYc_flMnMQ
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I say assuming I mean it's pretty fooking obvious that you don't really get the difference between what is funny and what is a bit sad.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm well aware of the Python reference. But you really are BrIAN™, so the humour is all irony.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I say assuming I mean it's pretty fooking obvious that you don't really get the difference between what is funny and what is a bit sad.
Ironically (again) you are both funny and sad at the same time.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Ironically (again) you are both funny and sad at the same time.
In your mind at least, I'm glad that you humour yourself because that's as good as it will ever get for you.
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It wasn't highlighted in the campaign, but that was the movement behind it. It is the same movement that put Trump in power and nearly saw Marine Le Pen elected in France. People don't want to live in organisations like the EU, increasingly people are standing up and saying they want to live in nation states and we never asked for political union with Europe. We asked for a trade deal, all the political stuff was unwanted and was brought in via stealth and deception
What they want and what is possible are two different things, unless you see some way of turning the economic structures of the world on their heads a global economy is what you are going to get and the bigger the entity you are sheltered within the better protection you will have re the impact of such a global world.

This was my point, sacrifice a little control for greater protection within the 450 million EU population and its negotiating strength or stand alone in the 65 million one and pray the big beasts do not devour you (USA,China,EU and the others soon to join them like India). The rest of it is mere wishing for unicorns unless you somehow believe that the capitalist world is on the verge of imminent collapse (and if it is then the debris and chaos from its demise will likely last longer than your lifetime)

Hate to say that the way the EU works you cannot fully get the trade without the rest, even Canada within CETA (which may be where we are heading) covers areas that are not just say tariffs on goods, it also covers regulatory areas, provisions re cross border investment etc, there is no such thing as a mere tariff free trade agreement, so what are you really expecting to get, have you actually looked at what is often included these days in free trade agreements?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compre...rade_Agreement
Sam1999__
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)

BrIAN™
Well I could Google some laws to name for you, the reason i'm not going to is because by focusing on individual laws we are completely missing the point. The problem isn't with what the laws are, it's the fact that a foreign court and foreign legislation is being implemented our nation.

Immigration was a part of the issue, you're absolutely right. Wanting to control immigration does not make you xenophobic or racist, it is the right of any nation to decide who comes into their country. This basic right of a nation has been stripped by the EU. The problem with the EU is uncontrolled immigration. As a nation state you can pick and choose who comes into your country, as members of the EU we cannot control immigration from European countries. If free movement was a few northern countries like Sweden, Belgium, Holland, France, UK, Ireland, Germany etc it would have probably worked. The current situation has been a complete disaster.

Above all the politics and the economics, the most important thing at stake here is we are supposed to be a nation. A nation state doesn't have foreign courts and laws interfering in their affairs. By voting for Brexit we voted to be a nation again, rather than a province of a federal EU. I am British, therefore I do not recognize the legitimacy of EU laws within British lands. If in France, I will abide by French laws, if in Spain I will abide by Spanish laws etc etc. The EU is trying to remove nation states and replace them with a federal union, something neither I nor the British people want and that is why leave won.
DraconisAudiat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it's the fact that a foreign court and foreign legislation is being implemented our nation.
Or maybe Essex should break away from England and set it's own laws. Yeah lets get Essex, Sussex, Middlesex and Wessex to reunite as Saxony, take back control of our feudal system. It doesn't matter what good this supposedly 'united kingdom' does for us, it's about Saxons being in charge of Saxony. I've got no problem with the Angals or the Celts, I'm not racist but the Normans aren't good for this fiefdom they just don't share the same values as us.

Grow up.
You sound like a spoiled child making up excuses why it's unfair you have to have a bath.
Being part of the EU is good for the UK just like being part of the UK is good for England and being part of England is good for Essex.
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I could Google some laws to name for you, the reason i'm not going to is because by focusing on individual laws we are completely missing the point. The problem isn't with what the laws are, it's the fact that a foreign court and foreign legislation is being implemented our nation.

Immigration was a part of the issue, you're absolutely right. Wanting to control immigration does not make you xenophobic or racist, it is the right of any nation to decide who comes into their country. This basic right of a nation has been stripped by the EU. The problem with the EU is uncontrolled immigration. As a nation state you can pick and choose who comes into your country, as members of the EU we cannot control immigration from European countries. If free movement was a few northern countries like Sweden, Belgium, Holland, France, UK, Ireland, Germany etc it would have probably worked. The current situation has been a complete disaster.

Above all the politics and the economics, the most important thing at stake here is we are supposed to be a nation. A nation state doesn't have foreign courts and laws interfering in their affairs. By voting for Brexit we voted to be a nation again, rather than a province of a federal EU. I am British, therefore I do not recognize the legitimacy of EU laws within British lands. If in France, I will abide by French laws, if in Spain I will abide by Spanish laws etc etc. The EU is trying to remove nation states and replace them with a federal union, something neither I nor the British people want and that is why leave won.
The wanting to create a federal union theory has already been debunked... next.
Sam1999__
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by S1elyak1)
The wanting to create a federal union theory has already been debunked... next.
So plans for a common currency, freedom of movement, a European Army, European foreign Policy, European flag and European Anthem doesn't sound like a federal union to you? Also, please share your source regarding the debunking of the federal union 'theory'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (65)
32.34%
Spring (37)
18.41%
Autumn/Fall (50)
24.88%
Winter (38)
18.91%
I love them all equally (11)
5.47%