Sun burn - prom tomorrow Watch

flimp
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
So I went to Oulton Park on Saturday and stupidly didn't wear any sun cream! I'm quite fair skinned so by the time I got home my face and chest went bright red! I've been putting on all sorts of moisturising stuff, from after sun to dead expensive really hydrating lotion but I'm still quite pink.

I've got my prom tomorrow, I'm not too worried about my face because I can just layer on the foundation some more but it's my chest that's the problem. My dress has got a V neck line and my sun burn is from a round neckline so there's quite a visible difference. Even if the pink went then I'd have a slightly browner patch compared to my pale skin!

I bought some of that garneir gradual tan stuff for fair skin but I'm not too sure whether or not to use it and how would be the best way to blend in with the patch. lol, it's going to look so silly!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If a picture will help then I can sort that out lol.
OiaB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well (don't gun me down for putting this guys) my dad always stands by the fact that ibuprofen are anti-inflammatory. so he tends to take one of those before bed, and he reckons it changes burn to sun tan - not that getting sunburnt is good :|

however.. that could be total horse ****
MarchOfMephisto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Apply loads of aftersun, keep it cool and avoid the sun. You could try the fake tan but it might go darker in the sunburnt area and it is probably not the best for your skin long term. Can you get a coverup foundation or something? Or wear a shawl but then that might not cover up that area.
flimp
(Original post by OiaB)
well (don't gun me down for putting this guys) my dad always stands by the fact that ibuprofen are anti-inflammatory. so he tends to take one of those before bed, and he reckons it changes burn to sun tan - not that getting sunburnt is good :|

however.. that could be total horse ****
Okay lol, well I just asked my mum who's a pharmacist and she doesn't think it would affect the appearance lol. I'm tempted to try it just incase there's some mad chance of it working lol what's the worst that could happen... haha!
magicalponies
Report 10 years ago
Aww as a someone who is also pretty fair skinned I can sympathise! Usually when I'm suburnt I whack on loads of aftersun with aloe vera. It usually works pretty well. However I also found this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...=1006051223930 which will probably be of more help.

Hope you have an amazing time at prom
flimp
(Original post by MarchOfMephisto)
Apply loads of aftersun, keep it cool and avoid the sun. You could try the fake tan but it might go darker in the sunburnt area and it is probably not the best for your skin long term. Can you get a coverup foundation or something? Or wear a shawl but then that might not cover up that area.
Yeah that's what I was worried about. Isn't green meant to anti redness on the skin?! The problem with the foundation idea is the skin of my chest is very pale so I'd need some weird foundation lol.

I'm not a shawl kinda girl tbh and I don't think that would work anyway.
francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i got sunburnt yesterday and my prom's on friday
my plan:
apply industrial amounts of touche éclat.
(so far it's working)
maxtrix111
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
all i can ssay...is ..........hahahahhaa
MarchOfMephisto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by flimp)
Yeah that's what I was worried about. Isn't green meant to anti redness on the skin?! The problem with the foundation idea is the skin of my chest is very pale so I'd need some weird foundation lol.

I'm not a shawl kinda girl tbh and I don't think that would work anyway.
Yeah, I really don't know. Try the vinegar thing though because I have heard a lot of people say that works.
cactus_c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
pic? (so that we can see more clearly what you are talking about, and therefore give out more appropriate comments)
Fruitcakex
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
right this just what seems logical to me, if i were you i would:
- lay in a bath of cold water as cold as you can stand for as long as possible
- gently exfoliate your skin to get rid of any dead skin cells which could be part of the sun burn (dont know why that makes sense to me lol)
- use the gradual tan moisturiser, i did it over my sunburn and it worked fine
keep your skin as cool as possible
-at the end of the day your prom is most likely to be dimlighted so the line will be less noticeable and if it does turn brown then you will be okay cos youl have a tan :] kinda
flimp
Okay well I had a very hot bath to open pores or whatever, got rid of all that dead skin and then smoothered myself in more of the hydrating body lotion. And kept reapplying everytime it goes dry lol. Taken an ibuprofen and some hay fever stuff (mum's idea) so I suppose we'll see what I look like in the morning! Oh and I've done a light coat of the gradual tanner stuff so atleast the contrast won't be so great!

Thanks guys night x
storminaDcup
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
okay, what iwould do (and i don't know if it would work in your case but worth a try) cover the burnt area with rimmel sunshimmer, can get it pretty much in anywhere, boots etc etc, its not a fake take but its liek a tan makeup, you dont have to wait for it to develop (if you did use a proper fake tan on it, could be risky as you dont know what it will look like) and u can wash it off if it looks crap. it would also make the pink area look more brown and therefore less burnt. oh and absolutely smother yourself with aftersun, make it cold keep it in the fridge, just layer it on, and then use the sunshimmer stuff. hope that helps, let us know!
storminaDcup
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by francescarella)
i got sunburnt yesterday and my prom's on friday
my plan:
apply industrial amounts of touche éclat.
(so far it's working)
Jeez, expensive much?!
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by flimp)
Okay well I had a very hot bath to open pores or whatever, got rid of all that dead skin and then smoothered myself in more of the hydrating body lotion. And kept reapplying everytime it goes dry lol. Taken an ibuprofen and some hay fever stuff (mum's idea) so I suppose we'll see what I look like in the morning! Oh and I've done a light coat of the gradual tanner stuff so atleast the contrast won't be so great!

Thanks guys night x
Did it work?
francescarella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by storminaDcup)
Jeez, expensive much?!
not really. it's only on my nose thats like obviously red.
yay. small mercies, eh?
storminaDcup
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by francescarella)
not really. it's only on my nose thats like obviously red.
yay. small mercies, eh?
Sorry I thought you meant you were putting touch eclat all over your body! like widespread areas!! Was going to say, could be expensive! haha x
MediterraneanX
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
use something green based to neutralise the red, and then use fake tan on the white bits?
Delicious Dark Appeal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So yesterday i go to a new taning centre with supposedly the best reputation around this area. I go in or 12 minutes wit SPF 20 on and lather myself in after sun as soon as i come out. What the stupid woman failed to tell me is that they have the strongest bulbs ever made, cause right now i can barely move and my face is this colour red! Literally.

The most I've ever burned in my life is some minor redness on my chest if i havent used sunscreen. Usually I neither tan nor burn. I've got my prom on Thursday and the redness seems to be getting worse, especially on my face. Is there any way of reducing this redness quickly? I've had several cold showers and i think thts making it worse Please help!
MediterraneanX
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
stop showering it will aggravate your skin more, use loads of aftersun, drink loads of water, it should have significantly faded by thursday.x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads